The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > Welcome Area

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-20-2013, 11:37 PM   #1
JWSmith

Newb from central Illinois

I live in Alton, IL...about 20 minutes across the Mississippi from St. Louis.

I have been a truck guy since I was a little boy. My dad almost always had a truck and the first I can recall was a 70 or a 72. I have been a big fan of mini trucks, specifically s-10's, and I have built a variety of minis...mostly just mild rides because I drive them everyday.

My dad passed away last year, and I decided to take the plunge and build a sort of tribute to him. I've been looking for a long time, and I found a 1970 C-10/CST shortbed. It's pretty darn straight, runs and drives - it just needs a few things...tailgate, one fender for the bed, some misc. lights, etc. All in all, it's a good starting point for being 43 years old.

Looking forward to learning a lot of information as this is my first 67-72 that I have ever wrenched on. On a scale of 0-10, with 0 being someone with NO hands on experience and refuses to get his hands dirty, I'm about a 6. But I got a lot of friends to help me.

Anyway, here she is...and hello to you all.

Posted via Mobile Device
JWSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 09:17 PM   #2
69sinker

Re: Newb from central Illinois

Welcome. I'm sure you'll get a lot from this forum, the information and people on here are great. I live about 45 min north of you, let me know if I can help or need any parts, I have a parts truck I could possibly help you out with if need be.
Dave
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-27-2013, 09:24 PM   #3
JWSmith

Re: Newb from central Illinois

Oh that is so cool you said that right now. I am looking for a 71 or 72 parts truck. I'd like to do the 5 lug swap and I need a bed floor and a few other odds and ends...I think I might swap the hood. It has small hail dings all over it, and I also need a passenger side fender.
Posted via Mobile Device
JWSmith is offline   Reply With Quote