The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-27-2013, 06:39 PM   #1
Pullin81

Who can mix cordova brown paint?

So I'm just about ready to spray my fire wall but I called my ppg supplier and give them the cordova brown paint code81 for 77-80gmc and chevy trucks and they have no mix formula for the envirobase paint. Has anyone else been able to get it? I've used all ppg products so far and I refuse to use omni product. Maybe DuPont? Or am I looking at going with a different colour all together?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-27-2013, 07:00 PM   #2
izzy_Britton

Re: Who can mix cordova brown paint?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pullin81 View Post
So I'm just about ready to spray my fire wall but I called my ppg supplier and give them the cordova brown paint code81 for 77-80gmc and chevy trucks and they have no mix formula for the envirobase paint. Has anyone else been able to get it? I've used all ppg products so far and I refuse to use omni product. Maybe DuPont? Or am I looking at going with a different colour all together?
Posted via Mobile Device
I can only make a few recommendations when it comes to this. yes you want it in an Envirobase formula but they dont have a code in Envirobase, so find someone that does, spray a large test panel and then get a good well known PPG retailer to custom mix your color in the Envirobase. if they used the merlin or other digital paint code detector machines they could probably get it for you fairly easily.

2nd. Since you are using PPG products so far, stick with the PPG for the rest of it. If you have any issues down the road with paint lifting or paint failing you can sometimes get a warranty pay out if the PPG fails, but ONLY if you have it over all the proper other PPG products.

FYI, OMNI is a PPG product. But you have a preference, stick with it.

-Izzy
Project Delongdium - Step-Sons Plastic Clad 2003 Avalanche - DONE and Delivered.
izzy_Britton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 07:12 PM   #3
Pullin81

Thanks for the info I had a local shop that mixes omni paint in the cordova brown to spray a test panel. it's for the back yard jobber type guys like myself but I was never happy with the finish it always seems to shrink up over a year or two... A good friend of mine has a body shop he work at alone and has been at it for over 20 years and does amazing restoration work so I've been asking him as I go like what do I need here and there I haven't been cheaping out on product so far... My last truck I did in completly omni cost me as much as my ppg epoxy and high build alone ... The last car I did I used house of kolor and it was very nice to work with tri coat Snow White pearl and candy apple red with gold base. ... Friend of mine in a collision shop in town said they can do Rm in a tri coat but I will see if I can send in a panel to ppg n get it matched
Posted via Mobile Device
Attached Images

Old 05-28-2013, 01:09 AM   #4
INSIDIOUS '86

They don't sell the good paint in California do they?
Posted via Mobile Device
377 sbc thumpr cam autogear m23 muncie 3:73 Detroit trutrac
3''spintech prostreet mufflers xpipe 1 3/4 headers
build thread !http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=577217
Iroc gauge threadhttp://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=554511
INSIDIOUS '86 is offline   Reply With Quote