The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-01-2013, 05:04 PM   #1
Southern Shaker
Account Suspended

How much am i lookin at here ?

Hey guys,

Ive just bout had it with trying to align my own panels ...so im looking to send it in to just get everything Alinged right . Has anyone done this Before . id like to find a ball park price on what im lookin at to get everything aligned right.
Southern Shaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 06:07 PM   #2
airdale94

Re: How much am i lookin at here ?

I had some panels and doors needing aligned once on a Trans Am. You have to find the right type of guy. One said "Hard because it was allready painted. Panels would be scratched, couldn't do the front clip, therefore hood would be a problem. Another guy said no problem. Did everything, front clip/fenders, core support, hood, doors. I think it was a couple hundred. About ten years ago though.
Old 06-01-2013, 07:02 PM   #3
haysonj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Shaker View Post
Hey guys,

Ive just bout had it with trying to align my own panels ...so im looking to send it in to just get everything Alinged right . Has anyone done this Before . id like to find a ball park price on what im lookin at to get everything aligned right.
You better find a body shop that deals with old iron. My paint guy spent two days and could never get the hood right. I did a little research on this sight then went out and did it myself in a day. I had to move the cab and core support to get the hood right.
Old 06-01-2013, 07:12 PM   #4
GASoline71
"I ain't nobody, dork."

These old trucks weren't lined up all that great from the factory. If you're trying to align everything with all the worn body mounts and rusted fasteners... you're better off just putting it together as close as you can to get it driveable and leave it.

My truck pnels and tins aren't lined up worth snot... but my truck still looks pretty cool, and hauls ass just the same.

Gary

My 1972 GMC 1500 Super Custom (Creeping Death) "long term" build thread.

The Rebuild of Creeping Death after the wreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by LONGHAIR View Post
I would never rebuild a 305.
Quote:
Originally Posted by prostreetC-10 View Post
I love using vacuum gauges as part of the carb tuning process. I hook the gauge to the inside of my garbage can and leave it there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv D View Post
Remember Murphys 2nd law of mechanical relationships... "OPPOSING COMPONENTS ATTEMPTING TO OCCUPY THE SAME SPACE, AT THE SAME TIME, GENERALLY END UP OCCUPYING ADJOINING SPACE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE OIL PAN"
Quote:
Originally Posted by cableguy0 View Post
Its cheaper to listen to advice given when you ask for help than it is to ignore everyone and wait for carnage.
GASoline71 is offline   Reply With Quote