The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1973-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-12-2003, 06:40 PM   #1
Phat

1982 chevy 4x4 with snow plow in CT 4 sale

Bought this truck new but it time for it to get another home(have 9 trucks)
1982 chevy 1/2 ton 4x4 that is rusty . It runs well and has never been a problem. It has 500 miles on a brandnew turbo 350. 350 motor . When i redid it back 9 years ago i installed a complete new 93 suburban nose on it,(4 small headlites) It has a fisher 7 1/2 ft fisher plow and i want 2200. bucks for it. The tranny was 875. It needs work to drive every day but still is a good work truck If somebody local buys it they also get about a 1000. bucks worth of new spare parts with it. Some of the parts....brandnew gm rockers..new locking hubs...new stub axle..4 new ball joints...Cab corners...u- joints ..spare plow pumps and valves...spare hoses..spare plow....much more. This is just stuff i kept for these trucks as i had 5 of them but this is the last.PARTS GO WITH THE TRUCK!
I know this is not a very good pix of it but its the only one i have at this time. Its the blue one behind the z-71.
Attached Images

Phat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2003, 02:23 AM   #2
crossy
Oh,you can't buy that new

phat ,where at in Ct? does the plow work good still or need the parts you have for it ?
is the front axle & 4x4 working OK?
I guess it's an 8' foot bed?
can you send a bit more info & some pics to my home Email of all4trux@snip.net ? thanx , DAVE

2006 LM7 RCSB Silverado
98 Vortec project.
94,3500,6.5L 4L80
81 SWB GMC POS finally gone
73 Pinto, stock, w/CragarSS's-eww
LOTS of Cummins trucks.
crossy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2003, 09:37 AM   #3
Phat

Its pretty nasty out there today but i will get you some pixs. The parts are spares as i have about 60 snowplowing accounts. The truck could go out and run a 30 hour storm right now. I was getting it ready for winter when i saw the prices on newer trucks at rock bottom so i bought a couple 95s and 96s with min mount plows. It is a 4x4 short bed with a reece hitch. The rockers are rusted..reason for the new GM rockers. I have been known too run this truck 36+ hours straight with NO break downs. She is just getting to old to trust anymore with that much work. I will get you some pixs today. It does have 4;10s in it so not a great highway truck. This thing never see,s the road unless it has a plow,,boat or racecar hangin off it . LOL I think the complete plow blade i replaced it 4-5 years ago(hell even that says min mount on it) but its a regular belt drive under the hood pump and valve.Its in the middle of the state 3-4 min from I84...I91..I691. Gonna pull the plates this morning.
Old 11-13-2003, 11:37 AM   #4
Phat

Another not so great pixs.
Attached Images

Old 11-13-2003, 12:39 PM   #5
crossy

wow 4.10's in a 1/2 ton, you MUST have ordered those, I know you said you bought it new. I would be towing it home anyway. beltt drive pumps were reliable but much slower than todays rigs right? I like the idea of being a shortbed. i would only use it to do local driveways . rust is expected to be pretty bad underneath and in bed /rockers for what she has gone through. Wa more interested in drivetrainupgrades/rebuilds especially now that you've confessed what you put it through :-) . anyway a decent pic of rocker area with door open would be appreciated . bedsides/wheelwells prolly rusted too right ? thanx , DAVE

Home Email all4trux@snip.net
98 Vortec project.
94,3500,6.5L 4L80
LOTS of Cummins trucks.
Old 11-19-2003, 11:08 AM   #6
Phat

Yep its got all the drivetrain ..rearends and tranfercase out of a 78 GMC. No bumpers have ever been on it. I just got back from a road trip so i can get pixs if you need them still. Used it yesterday to haul my boat. Think the only thing i have done is the axle shafts(ever 2 years needed or not)Trans was done 300 miles ago. Stainless ex and new muffler last year. We pressure wash the trucks after ever storm but yes this truck has been used but still has a lot left. Plows much better than the new ones that for sure. The belt pump is a bit slower after 10 12 hours of plowing but it has been fine. i also change the pump ever 2 years. Its sitting in the drive so if you still want pixs let me know. NJ is kinda far to come get it? Rockers are the worst part of the truck. Bed was replaced back in 92 with a 87 bed before it was repainted. Frame off job.
Old 11-19-2003, 11:26 AM   #7
crossy

Phat, I still want it but can't have it now.
In your absense this week I bought two other trucks.
Now I need to hustle something outta here.
And yes I would have come from NJ in a heartbeat for that one.
I have 7 days off in the first week of Dec. So i still may be in the running if something here moves.
DAVE
98 Vortec project.
94,3500,6.5L 4L80
LOTS of Cummins trucks.
Old 11-25-2003, 09:00 AM   #8
Phat

I got rid of 3 of mine this week but having a real hard time letting go of this one as its the only new truck i ever bought for myself other that Peterbuilts and freightshakers. Towed my car trailer yesterday with it. I want to weld the rockers on but wife says her streetrod comes first.