The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-03-2008, 03:01 PM   #26
Lated

Re: This is going to be a long drawn out build...

I'm at Ft Meade for now, but I got orders about a month ago so I should be heading out in the next few months.

'70 SWB Step-Side (More rust than metal)
Lated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 05:15 AM   #27
Lated

Latest pic with wheels cleaned, hub caps on, and new tires. Unfortunately the front tires rub when I hit potholes so I'm looking at buying some narrower tires for now.
Attached Images

Old 10-02-2008, 04:19 AM   #28
Lated

Been awhile since I posted anything. Keeping pretty busy between shift work, new house, and a full load of college classes. It doesn't help any that the HOA in my subdivision won't allow me to work on my truck without it being in a garage, which of course we don't have yet. Hopefully by this time next year I will have a garage and can start working on my truck again. Ever since gas shot up over $3.50 I haven't driven my truck to work. It was cheaper to buy a used Jeep. The loan payment, insurance, and gas for the Jeep is less than I was paying for just insurance and gas for the truck.

Old 04-14-2009, 03:36 PM   #29
Lated

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k1...2/CIMG0888.jpg

Last edited by Lated; 04-14-2009 at 03:40 PM.
Old 04-14-2009, 04:34 PM   #30
lyrikz
PITbut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lated View Post
You doing a jeep???

I just re-read through this build and MAN was i an asshole or what. ahaha.. Sorry once again about the driving thing. New dad and seeing you a new dad something got to me. LOL...

Whats up with that pic? New project?
lyrikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 01:49 AM   #31
Lated

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyrikz View Post
You doing a jeep???

I just re-read through this build and MAN was i an asshole or what. ahaha.. Sorry once again about the driving thing. New dad and seeing you a new dad something got to me. LOL...

Whats up with that pic? New project?
No worries, I had it coming. You certainly weren't the only one I heard it from, just the only one I could respond to without dire consequences.

The Jeep (Heap if you happen to be unable to pronounce the letter "J" like my 3 year old) is more of a daily driver than a project, or that's what my wife keeps trying to convince me of. I was trying to figure out how to post a picture on another site that doesn't allow uploads with the plan of deleting the post here once I figured it out. Turns out, I can't edit more than 5 minutes after posting it so it's stuck.

I haven't done much to the truck lately other than drive it every once in awhile to keep the seals from drying out and leaking (don't really know what good it will do, it already leaks like a sieve). Trying to figure out if we can afford to build a garage in the near future. Sure would be nice to not need to drive 1.5 hours to use my parents garage.

Old 06-28-2009, 10:13 PM   #32
Lated

Unhappy Re: This is going to be a long drawn out build...

Still throwing around the idea of chopping the top, but not 100% convinced I want to any more. I picked up a set of 4th gen. Camaro bucket seats from a friend that will work great if I do decide to chop it (or even if I don't, just with taller brackets).

Here's a pic with the bench seat...

and here is a pic with the Camaro seat...

I sit about seven inches lower in the Camaro seat. Only the driver's side seat had the sliders on it. The floor in Camaros must be significantly higher at the front of the seat than the back. The front of the sliders sat about three or four inches higher than the back. Since the floor in the truck is fairly flat, I flipped the brackets around backwards so the seat sits higher in the front. Worked out just about perfect, just need to heat the brackets up and bend 'em so they sit flat on the floor. Kinda hard to see in the pic but they are at about a 30° angle.

I was reading back through my last few posts and noticed a trend, lots o' complaining about not having a garage. Figured I'd throw in a pic of what I do have to work with. Tiny little shed ;(

I have a line on a running, non-leaking sbc 400 from the same guy I got the seats from. Just waiting to hear how much he wants for it. <a href="http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=350721">Help me decide which engine to go with</a>

Last edited by Lated; 06-28-2009 at 10:15 PM.
Old 06-28-2009, 10:28 PM   #33
Lated

Tried to fix the link in my last post but that 5 min edit time limit bit me again. Here is the correct link Help me decide which engine to pick by clicking here. Not sure what happened to the pics in the last post. They were supposed to all be the same size, but they all turned out different.

Last edited by Lated; 06-28-2009 at 10:29 PM.
Old 04-17-2012, 03:35 PM   #34
Lated

Wow. Been quite awhile since I've posted anything in my build thread. I haven't done much to the truck lately. When gas prices shot up a few years ago I bought a new DD and parked the truck for the most part. I did end up dropping in a sbc 400 in place of the tired old 305 early autumn of 2010. I drove it to work about every other week or so until the clutch return spring decided to disappear. Without the spring the tranny is unshiftable. I did manage to get it into third and drove it 35 miles to home only using third. Made for a fun trip.

Plan on fixing the tranny when the weather warms up and then swapping in some higher compression heads along w/ a new intake and carb. Probably the time to go ahead and throw a new cam in as well.

Old 04-21-2012, 06:37 PM   #35
chevy71c10

Glad to hear you haven't given up on the build with the gas prices and such. Be sure to post the pics of the new mods to the engine and such and keep trucking
Posted via Mobile Device

71' C10 SWB
00' Dakota R/T
05' Z-71 Silverado
16' Z-71 Silverado

Build Thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=376904
chevy71c10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 03:09 PM   #36
Lated

Haven't been very good about updating this thread for quite awhile; too much other stuff going on. Fixed the shifting problem around this time last year, parked the truck for the winter, and then BANG!

First time I took it out this year there was a pop sound from under the hood and then no power. Blew the main fuse I installed when I rewired the truck years ago. I wired around the fuse and now it cranks but won't start. Haven't had time to figure out what is wrong since all my wrenching time is spent on my Land Cruiser Bonnie, my 1985 FJ60.

Hopefully I'll have time soon to figure out what is going an and get Bob back on the road.