The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-13-2013, 10:59 PM   #1
JHT67

Too bad

Went out and fired up the truck this evening, I hadn't ran it in a couple of months or so. So anyway I'm sitting it the truck enjoying the sounds and smells, when all the sudden I start thinking about all this stuff I've been reading about build sheets under the seat, so I get down and start looking, and sure enough it's there, but sadly it's only bits and pieces, all dried up and brittle. I took some pieces out, but there's not much to see. There's still some more in there and maybe some more under the seat, I sure wished it was all there, but I guess you win some and you lose some.

Name:  PIC_0795.jpg
Views: 669
Size:  76.1 KB
Going through life's daily grind, I can feel the effects of this physical body's fleeting days, But with a young spirit I look toward a brighter day, knowing that in the eyes of eternity, I am but a babe in the arms of my Lord.........
JHT67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 11:45 PM   #2
Mister-B
Account Suspended

Re: Too bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHT67 View Post
Went out and fired up the truck this evening, I hadn't ran it in a couple of months or so. So anyway I'm sitting it the truck enjoying the sounds and smells, when all the sudden I start thinking about all this stuff I've been reading about build sheets under the seat, so I get down and start looking, and sure enough it's there, but sadly it's only bits and pieces, all dried up and brittle. I took some pieces out, but there's not much to see. There's still some more in there and maybe some more under the seat, I sure wished it was all there, but I guess you win some and you lose some.

Attachment 1120016
Look behind the seat too. I've seen quite a few tucked behind the seat back springs. I found mine taped to the gas tank, in almost perfect condition. Had to pull the cardboard cover forward, and it was attached to the tank
Posted via Mobile Device
Mister-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 11:58 AM   #3
LockDoc
The Older Generation

-
The best thing to do is write down anything you can read, and/or take some pictures, before you try to remove it.

LockDoc

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles

(My Dually Pickup Project Thread)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829820

-
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 07:49 PM   #4
pritch

Find all the pieces you can and start the jig saw puzzle. Don't worry-they are pretty much all in the same shape at this point. On one of mine, I sat down and carefully glued all the pieces to a sheet of paper. I was surprised at how well it looks after that.
Ol' Green
pritch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 08:04 PM   #5
Daner

The title of this thread made me think of the song by doug and the slugs. Sorry I have nothing else to contribute lol.
49 GMC Grain truck 235 1 1/2 ton
76 Chevy 350/4 speed 1/2 ton
Daner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 12:10 PM   #6
JHT67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister-B View Post
Look behind the seat too. I've seen quite a few tucked behind the seat back springs. I found mine taped to the gas tank, in almost perfect condition. Had to pull the cardboard cover forward, and it was attached to the tank
Posted via Mobile Device
There wasn't anything behind the seat, I did pull the cardboard out a little, (it was already torn a bit) found a pair of waded up pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockDoc View Post
-
The best thing to do is write down anything you can read, and/or take some pictures, before you try to remove it.
LockDoc
Quote:
Originally Posted by pritch View Post
Find all the pieces you can and start the jig saw puzzle. Don't worry-they are pretty much all in the same shape at this point. On one of mine, I sat down and carefully glued all the pieces to a sheet of paper. I was surprised at how well it looks after that.
I already tried to get some of it out, but stopped when I realized it wasn't happening. I would like to get some pics and do the puzzle thing if I can find enough to make something of it, but I will need to pull the seat to investigate any further.
Going through life's daily grind, I can feel the effects of this physical body's fleeting days, But with a young spirit I look toward a brighter day, knowing that in the eyes of eternity, I am but a babe in the arms of my Lord.........
JHT67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 03:40 AM   #7
67chevy1series

I took mine out in chunks and taped it together...
Posted via Mobile Device
67chevy1series is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 11:22 AM   #8
Lemield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daner View Post
The title of this thread made me think of the song by doug and the slugs. Sorry I have nothing else to contribute lol.
I have nothing to contribute either but here is a link to the song....

1949 Willys CJ2A, Kubota Turbo Diesel engine, Warn Overdrive, 11 inch brakes, 12volt, Warn M8000 Winch "Little Green"
1970 Rustoleum Roller Red C20 Custom Camper 454 TH400 "Big Red"
1971 K20 6.2 Turbo Diesel 4x4 4spd Ranger Overdrive "Pumpkin Wagon"
2005 VW Beetle Diesel 44+ MPG "Silver Bullet"
Lemield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 12:34 PM   #9
Mister-B
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHT67 View Post
There wasn't anything behind the seat, I did pull the cardboard out a little, (it was already torn a bit) found a pair of waded up pantyhose

I already tried to get some of it out, but stopped when I realized it wasn't happening. I would like to get some pics and do the puzzle thing if I can find enough to make something of it, but I will need to pull the seat to investigate any further.
Lol at the panty hose. It's a good thing you found them and discarded them, before your significant other did, and started asking questions. "honey, I swear I don't know anything about that. It must have been the previous owner." her: uh huh...
Posted via Mobile Device
Mister-B is offline   Reply With Quote