The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Closed Thread

Old 11-28-2003, 10:34 AM   #1
GFYS

Attn: bigblock73

bigblock73,

I just read your post about "what not to do a suburban". I beleive your wasting your talent of criticizing trucks on this board. Many of us have different tastes than you and would appreciate it if you could keep your negative opinions to yourself. Unfortunatly this was not the first or even the second time you've decided to publicize your feelings about another's truck. Thanks for understanding. I know you've spent countless hours and money on your project and would hate to be ridiculed at the final result.
Old 11-28-2003, 10:56 AM   #2
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Hmmm? Your first post, and you decide to introduce yourself by attacking a forum member. It doesn't look like a good start. You may not appreciate what bigblock73 has to say, but you really should start things off a little smoother before you get so defensive about his post.

Having read the post you mention, I can't see why anyone would take offense to his comments unless the Suburban he posted was yours. If it is your, then say so, and I am sure Jeff would appologize for any unintended insults.

bigblock73 is well known, and well liked on this forum. I don't see him being openly critical of anyone that he knows is also on the forum. A lot of us post pics on here that we find on Ebay or the web. That's what a public forum is about.

BTW-Welcome to the forum. I hope your future posts are a little kinder than this one .

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"
Old 11-28-2003, 11:21 AM   #3
GFYS

Thanks for sharing N2TRUX,
Maybe it is my truck, maybe it's your truck, maybe it's a friend's truck. My point was to let Jeff know that not everyone appreciates the public degrading of one's truck. Do you believe that this board's intention was to humiliate others creations? Not hardly. Why should trucks on Ebay be fair game for this behavior? Are we asking to be assaulted with negative jokes for trying to sell our rides? This type of behavior should be limited to a more juvenille setting. I enjoy this board for it's information and facts about the trucks we love. Maybe that was MY suburban......but it may have been any board members ride. I'm not here to put anyone down but I won't sit and say nothing when it's done to others. This may be my first post under GFYS but I've been here long enough that I won't sit idly by and watch Jeff crucify another truck.
Old 11-28-2003, 11:37 AM   #4
bigblock73
yeller

Welcome to the board GFYS.

maybe I should have kept my comments to myself, but maybe the owner of the Burb should have kept it in tha garage where nobody would have to look at it. It is afterall a free country and one is allowed to express themselves.

With that being said, you mentioned it is not the first time you have seen me say something about a truck...did you miss all the others who have posted similar threads and replied in a similar manner to other threads? Better post "Attn so & so" threads.

This group of guys and girls here are pretty tight knit and we all seem to enjoy each others comments/post/friendships...that is why we have threads like this...we feel we can speak our minds and have a little fun doing so. It is all light hearted...so lighten up a little. Not only that..but this kind of stuff goes on all over this website. You have been the first to complain...and it's your FIRST post. Try geting to know me and the others first before passing judgement. Even tho you have beef with me, if you stick around and have questions i will be glad to answer them with no hard feelings

Also, next time you have an issue with a board member, try PM'ing them instead of jibber jabbering and "calling them out" in a whole seperate thread.

With all that being said, let see pictures or hear about your truck, after all...that is what we are here for.

Ken...thanks man.
Old 11-28-2003, 11:53 AM   #5
bigblock73
yeller

In respect for GFYS's hurt feelings, I deleted the thread in question.
Closed Thread