The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Closed Thread

Old 06-29-2013, 01:35 PM   #1
BAT
Account Suspended

Shipping Recommendations Denver to Chicago

If all goes according to plan I will be addign yet another truck to the Stable, I just need to figure out how to get it from Denver to Chicago. Can anyone recommend a good economical but reputable firm?

TIA,

BAT
Old 06-29-2013, 09:18 PM   #2
MidLifer

Re: Shipping Recommendations Denver to Chicago

I use a broker, Henry Mezetti - www.hjmshipping.com. He isn't the cheapest but he's shipped two vehicles for me, quickly and reliably. His reviews on autotransportreviews.com are as good as anyone's.

Note that every transporter reviewed on that site has some detractors, mostly folks who posted on uship expecting to ship a car coast-to-coast for $200, or people who changed their mind after the trucker arrived and then were pissed when they couldn't get their broker's fee back. But if you stick with the guys who have 5 stars and a lot of reviews, you really can't go wrong.

Folks I've talked to who have used the larger firms like DAS have been disappointed, as the service isn't as personal and they often take longer because they are trans-shipping your car from terminal to terminal until it gets to you. Basically if you find a broker you like and who is on top of his game, you will get good service. He will know how to work the load board and get you a good trucker.

Getting a truck Denver-Chicago should run you about a grand if you use open transport, more if you use closed.
Closed Thread