The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-02-2013, 06:09 PM   #1
T_Raven

Back with a 67 GMC 1/2 ton

I use to post on here a little when I was building a 72 GMC . I sold it in 05 when I moved and didn't want to spend the money to move it. I've finally got a house and a shop. So now that I've got a place to store and work on all my toys I started looking for a decent 67 GMC. Decided I'd go with the earlier front end this time. I kinda like the small back window too. Anyway I found this one on cl a couple weeks ago. The guy was out of town but I was finally able to go pick it up last week. It's a 6 cylinder, 4 speed truck. The original engine was replaced with what I was told is a 252 out of a 62 Biscayne, but I can't find the block code to find out for sure. I trailer-ed it home and after cleaning the carb and putting some gas in it, I was able to get it running. I need to look it over and fix what little things it'll need to be drivable, but I'll probably drive it like this while I gather some parts.

I like the all metal interior on this truck. The last guy started to put buckets in it, but there's just one sitting on some 4x4s lol.

The bed is pretty solid. I found a few rust holes but I've seen a lot worse

At some point the original rear was replaced with an 8 lug rear. I don't have any use for this so hopefully I can sell it for a little something

Plans are too shorten both the frame and bed. I did both on the 72. At the time I'd never seen anyone else shorten a bed. I've seen a few since then that've been done differently than I did mine. I think I did it the hard way lol, so I'll do this one the way I've been seeing. I'll lower it and swap it to 5 lug suspension. Might switch to trailing arms, or if I get really ambitious I'll make a frame out of either round or rectangular tubing and make a 4 link. I'm into the whole "pro-touring" scene. I post on pro-touring.com more than anywhere, so I want to make this a fun little muscle truck that can handle. I'll probably go with a 5.3 and auto if I can find a good deal on a pull out.
T_Raven is offline   Reply With Quote