The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-24-2003, 07:29 PM   #26
jays68yak

its not bad when things work out. but latly it hasnt been going so smoothly.

"I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me. "
jays68yak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2003, 09:17 PM   #27
teeitup
Just like to part out trucks!!

I sell on ebay too, I never end an auction early when there is a bid on it but have been emailed and asked too, I just make my starting price the minimum of what I want out of it. As far as shipping I will not post a shipping price till after end of auction, then I will email buyer of actual shipping price just as I do on this board, you can LOSE money on shipping real easily if you think something can be shipped of $10 and it costed $20. I've had a few deadbeats buyers on there but I have on here too. Its not all bad there but I like dealing on here better! Thanks Randy
1958 Cameo (one of 1405 built, it was my dads)
2020 chevy Apex 4x4 crew cab
1969 Z28 with the 302
1980 chevy swb 4x4
1964 chevell Malibu SS
1976 K20, sold new originally out of my dads chevy dealership

Members that I've met, over 200 probably closer to 300 in the 12 years I've been on this site, everyone I met "It was a pleasure"

Last edited by teeitup; 11-29-2003 at 08:27 AM.
teeitup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2003, 09:49 PM   #28
jmanz69
Careful, they attack...

I got a deadbeat on ebay right now I'm trying to get money out of. I sent 5 emails and no response. This after they go thru checkout and ask for the total cost. I hate people like that. I should have known when they have a feedback rating of -2. They won at the last second, so I couldn't revoke their bid. Oh well, live and learn.
jmanz69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2003, 06:07 AM   #29
gonebad2
Merciless Butcher

Bottom line= Ebay sucks. I buy and sell stuff on there sometimes but lately, I prefer to shop on the web. I buy alot of stuff from Julianos, RB's custom rods, yearwood etc. At least you know what you're getting and you know you will get it. Their feedback system is a joke too. I saw a power seller that had a 100% rating. Then, if you look at his profile, there was some negatives on there. How does this happen? How can you still get 100% if you have negatives? Answer= because that seller makes them money. All of Ebays policies say that some sort of activity "may lead to suspension" bottom line. They are a bunch of greedy b*stards at Ebay. You have to be into some pretty ill s*it to get kicked from their crappy, corporate oriented, now publicly stock traded, corporate america, primetime TV commercial, pile of crap site. That site is starting to hurt. And Ebay has nobody to blame but their own greedy bottom line selves. I know it is the wal-mart (huge giant) site on the net but I would love to see it go under and their stock fall to nothing more than par value.

Last edited by gonebad2; 11-29-2003 at 06:14 AM.
gonebad2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2003, 01:03 PM   #30
Moloko
Hoarding Rusty Objects

Here is my perspective as a seller.

1. Shipping rates. I know people want shipping upfront, but shipping is different all over the country! You can't just say shipping will be $8. Then if someone buys it down the street from you it will only be $3 to ship, and if someone buys it on the other coast i'll be $35 to ship. I always wait till the auction is over, get their area code, and then give them a price. This pisses some people off because they think I'm ripping them off, but I'm not. I charge exactly what UPS does. A lot of times I get an email from UPS saying they've charged my account more because of "extra costs" so most of the time when I ship I end up loosing money because people give me the wrong address.

2. Dead-beat bidders. I just had my first few dead-beat bidders and they all came in one week. I sold two pairs of heads, neither guy paid. When I sent out the non-paying bidder warning one paid and acted like nothing was wrong, even though he waited a month to pay me. The other had actually paid me for the heads immediatly after the auction was over and thought he was being a smart-ass by only including $5 for shipping. The actual shipping was $116 because he lives in Montana(!). So, he never paid the shipping. I turned him over to ebay, they cant get anything out of him. So, after a few months now, Im just putting the heads on ebay again, and keeping the money he paid for the heads since I can't even refund the money because I can't get in contact with him. I say its paying me for my lost time that was caused by messing around trying to get ahold of him.

Follow me on Youtube! - http://www.youtube.com/user/FuelInjectionSucks
Moloko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2003, 02:13 PM   #31
junkyardjohn

SOMEONE JUST HACKED INTO MY EBAY ACCOUNT & PURCHASED SEVERAL SUITS THRU "BUY IT NOW". IT WAS A LOCAL EX-FREIND OF MINE & HIS SMART@SS KID. EBAY SAYS THEY ARE DOING AN INVESTEGATION, & WILL KNOW WHAT PHONE LINE IT CAME FROM, BUT WE'LL SEE. LUCKILY THEY BOUGHT THEM ALL FROM THE SAME SELLER, (HE SEEMES LIKE A REALLY NICE GUY & AN UNDERSTANDING INDIVIDUAL)& I WAS ONLINE AT THE TIME & COULD CHANGE MY PASSWORD WHILE THEY ONLY WON 3 AUCTIONS. OH-WELL WHAT COMES AROUND GOES AROUND
LIFE MEMBER OF P.E.T.A (PEOPLE EATING TASTY ANIMALS)

DON'T RENT U-HAUL

ALWAYS TELL THE TRUTH
IT WILL AMAZE PART OF THE PEOPLE & ASTONISH THE REST
junkyardjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2003, 02:50 PM   #32
gonebad2
Merciless Butcher

Quote:
Originally posted by junkyardjohn

SOMEONE JUST HACKED INTO MY EBAY ACCOUNT & PURCHASED SEVERAL SUITS THRU "BUY IT NOW". IT WAS A LOCAL EX-FREIND OF MINE & HIS SMART@SS KID. EBAY SAYS THEY ARE DOING AN INVESTEGATION, & WILL KNOW WHAT PHONE LINE IT CAME FROM, BUT WE'LL SEE. LUCKILY THEY BOUGHT THEM ALL FROM THE SAME SELLER, (HE SEEMES LIKE A REALLY NICE GUY & AN UNDERSTANDING INDIVIDUAL)& I WAS ONLINE AT THE TIME & COULD CHANGE MY PASSWORD WHILE THEY ONLY WON 3 AUCTIONS. OH-WELL WHAT COMES AROUND GOES AROUND
John, it's too bad you still think I was the one that somehow got into your account. I saw your password one time nearly four years ago when I helped you set up your account. I heve'nt seen you in almost three years. I don't even remember your phone number let alone your password. You better back off on my Son too. How many times have you met him ? Once I think, that was three years ago. He doesn't do stuff like that . He's an honor student with a 4.0 GPA and has never been in any trouble with the police at all. That's why I just finished spending $25.000 on building a truck for him. I don't think the subject of Junkyardjohn has ever come up between us. If you think the only way to get a password is by somebody remembering it, you need to get an education. Do you have a good firewall installed on your computer that is always updated? Do you have a good anti-virus software installed that is always updated with the current patches? Do you answer e-mails that look like they are from ebay saying something like: "Your account has been suspended because someone has been trying to log in from a foreign country" or some other message. I got one on Friday. It directed me to a link and asked for my ebay user ID, password, credit card information, Paypal username and password. I would be willing to bet other members on this board have received similar e-mails and also know about software called spyware or adware. Just drop it with me and my family members John. You aren't important to us, we don't care about you, leave us alone, don't send private messages to me accusing me of doing things to you. Get all of your facts together before you accuse someone of doing something to you. Here is one last piece of advice for you: Change all of your passwords on a regular basis, I do. If you think the internet is a safe place to play, you are so wrong.