The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1973-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-17-2003, 08:18 PM   #1
Destructo

FS: 406 small block

I am going scrap this project and just use the perfectly good running 350 I have and use the money else where on the truck. Anyway, its a solid 400 4 bolt main block 72 year I believe has been bored .030" over, hot tanked, and painted. Parts included in the deal are painted oil pan, old rusty heads (probably not worth anything), stock crank, needs to be turned because of pitting from some rust, was polished supposedly but had rusted when I got it and should clean up with .010" under, also the rods and pistons are included (pistons still attached to rods but useless as their the originals) rods may need some work, not sure, they have had nothing done to them so far. I also have a Edelbrock torker II manifold and manual choke Holley 600cfm 4bbl secondary vacuum carb because I will never use them. I'll let the whole lot go for 500 bucks. The block is ready for assembly, all you need are the parts. It is on an engine stand covered currently. If you need an engine stand i'll sell the one I have with it. Make sure to get grade 8 bolts for it before you start assembling though because it only has grade 2 holding the block currently. If you want to ask questions email me at chad@martiansales.com or pm me. I may be willing to ship the stuff if you will help to arrange it. I could probably weld up a stand real quick and put together some kind of box. I also have pictures of everything, just email me and i'll send them to you.
Destructo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2003, 07:59 PM   #2
Destructo

400 bucks for the whole deal, you must come get it though. I'll seperate the stuff as well, so feel free to make offers.
Old 11-26-2003, 02:15 AM   #3
Pardue'sCustoms
Account Suspended

iam 35 mintes north of you i got a 79 parts truck do you need any parts or body work done maybe we can trade ii
Pardue'sCustoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2003, 10:33 AM   #4
Destructo

4x4 or 2x4? 1/2 or 3/4 ton? Let me know some details on it. I need some body work, but I don't want to bother fixing it until I paint the whole truck, the paint just isn't worth spending money on right now, it looks nice but peels off very easily.
Old 11-26-2003, 03:50 PM   #5
Destructo

I'm also interested in 4" lift kits with everything, or a good set of 35x12.5" tires. Either can be used but MUST be in good condition. Need shocks with the lift too, i'll trade everything for a 4" lift with front and rear springs, no blocks. For a kit with blocks in the rear i'd value it around 200 bucks with shocks. May also be interested if you have 3/4 ton axles with locker in rear. Basically my key interest right now is 4x4 stuff.

Any kits or axles need to fit a 85 SWB 4x4 without modifications.
Old 11-27-2003, 01:54 AM   #6
Pardue'sCustoms
Account Suspended

it a 2wd swb i have no 4x4 parts
Pardue'sCustoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2003, 02:37 PM   #7
Destructo

Hows the gate look on it? If its got all the body panels on it and in decent shape I would almost want the whole truck, but I suspect the interior and other parts have been stripped out.
Old 11-30-2003, 03:40 PM   #8
Destructo

Alright guys, 300 bucks for the motor and its yours. You can have the intake and carb if you want it or if not i'll keep it. First person to bring me 300 bucks gets it all! I want it gone! I paid 400 bucks for it when I bought it, so your getting a great deal here.
Old 11-30-2003, 08:21 PM   #9
TwinTurbo

I wish I could have it shipped I'd kill for a decent 400 block.
TwinTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote