The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-17-2013, 04:29 AM   #1
Zukowner

69 frustration and patience

Hi all new to the forum. I'm currently restoring a 1969 chevrolet c10 step side to a fleet. Started out as hand me down from my uncle, a tree fell on the cab and he let it sit for a few years. It was supposed to be a cab replacement, paint and ride, replacing parts as I saw fit. Well I'm sure a many of you can attest, things never go as planned with these type of projects. Needless to say I'm going to have to replace all metal except the hood. Was so frustrated last weekend, I contemplated parting out the current project and buying one from someone else. After days of contemplation, I've concluded in the long run, I'd end up 5-8 k more after I rearranged someone else's the way I'd want it, so I may be better off keeping what I have. Does anyone have any suggestions or thought on what they would have done different when restoring their c-10. Thanks for letting me vent. Glad to have joined the forum!
Posted via Mobile Device
Zukowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 12:46 PM   #2
ChevLoRay
Old Skool Club

Re: 69 frustration and patience

Havinsomefun is in Gainesville, but used to be from AR. He has bought/sold/swapped cabs and beds, as well as doors. See if you can raise him on the site. Tell him I sent you....

'96 GMC Sportside; 4.3/SLT - Daily driven....constantly needs washed.

'69 C-10 SWB; 350/TH400 - in limbo

The older I get, the better I was.
ChevLoRay is offline   Reply With Quote