The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-19-2013, 12:32 AM   #1
Dan in Pasadena

Re: New Interior Stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1956chevtruck View Post
Hey Dan
The wires actually go up to my third brake light. Made the bracket out of an old aluminum STOP sign and then buffed, polished, and lacquered it.
Seat cover was pre-made from CARSINC.com, it's their Cameo cover. The Upholsterer showed me how to do it and left me to my own devices.
No pics of the speaker box being made. I built the whole thing out of flat cardboard sheet stock and then took the templates and cut all pieces from 3/4" MDF. The box is actually 3 boxes bolted internally together. Had to do it this way in order to get them to fit in the truck. And yes, it is through bolted through the sheet metal of the floor of the truck. That sucker is not going anywhere.
Thanks for the info and the tip to Carsinc. I'd never heard of them before. I just tried to request a swatch for their gree/green Cameo seat but it won't let me. I'll have to give them a call.

Good on you for making the bracket. What's the light itself from? Kinda looks like an extra long side marker from a boat trailer(?)

Smart idea to make the box from cardboard templates, I'll remember that. After seeing yours I'm thinking of doing the same but incorporating some shallow storage into it, above where yours stops now.
Dan in Pasadena is offline   Reply With Quote