The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-06-2013, 12:45 AM   #1
Ridgeclimber

Need some build advice.

I bought a 1968 c10 short box step side at the beginning of the year. Since then I've installed a 04 lq9 LS 6 Litre, 4l60e trani, Nelson performance harness with performance tune, Boyd's welding fuel tank with efi pump, power steering, vacuumed booster and a steering wheel. We are driving the truck and it works great. Next I wanted to up grade to disc brake all the way around and lower it, as well as posi with five stud axles and hubs. The costs were adding up quickly. So I since bought a complete 87 c4 corvette rear suspension and plan on installing it as well as the front suspension. I haven't been able to find anybody that has done this. I can't be the first. I was looking at the flat out engineering kit to do this. Has anybody done this or used these kits. I also just got another frame from my dad to use to mock up the rear suspension. I want to keep my truck mobile and use it while i am planning my next step. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Posted via Mobile Device
Ridgeclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 01:16 AM   #2
70_step

Re: Need some build advice.

Sounds like you have a nice build going. Got any Pic's? Check out widewhite70's build thread "just a little rust repair, turned ls2 swap". He built a tube chassis and running c4 suspension.
70_step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 09:23 AM   #3
Tom Vogel
2WD Jimmy

Re: Need some build advice.

Put C4 Corvette suspension in your topic line... that will get more views from people who would know
Tom Vogel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 02:35 PM   #4
Ridgeclimber

Re: Need some c4 suspension build advice.

Thanks for the advice. I'll try to edit this. Another thing I was thinking about doing is putting the formed metal floor from the newer trucks into the box bed floor. Has anybody done this? I still am using my truck to haul some stuff and done want to worry about damaging a new wood floor.
Posted via Mobile Device
Ridgeclimber is offline   Reply With Quote