The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-14-2012, 04:16 PM   #1
HardKoreKustoms

Project: Sophia 67 c10

hey guys just started to restore/ customize the c10 (sophia) after having her for 4 years of driving and sitting, it was hard to start because of being in the militarty and deploying all of the time but now that i am out, i can actuly start on her.
i started by removing the front window out of her and grinding the paint off of the trim, and then i found tones of bondo at the seam. i dont know if that is supposed to be there but it was and them when i pulled out the bondo, i found some rust holes on both sides, but worst on the d/s. so soon as i build me a little patch panel iand replace it there i am going to lead the seams up and smooth it out,
then i stated on the cab corners cause i have to replace them due to it being old and rusted and annother gallon of bondo there, so i cut out the passenger side and removed rivits and were placed there to hold the inner and outter together, and once it was removed i noticed that the inner cab corner is rotten out as well and i did some looking on the web to try and find a inner but can not find it, so i am thinking that i have to fab a new one up, unless someone knows were to get on at, brothers, lmc, and classic did not have it that i seen.

well also before i go here are a few pics that i have so far and will upload some more as i find a free sd card.

HardKoreKustoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 04:37 PM   #2
mightymouse

Re: Project: Sophia 67 c10

looks like your off to a good start. keep the pics coming
mightymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 04:40 PM   #3
Newtz67

Cool!
Newtz67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 10:20 PM   #4
HardKoreKustoms

so here are a few more photos of what i am starting with,
today i pulled out the dash so i can blast it and fix a few dings, also so i can start patching up the areas around the window that have rusted out, and to smooth out the fire wall, tomorrow i am going to remove the rest from inside the cab, ie, the steering column and the seat. let me know what you guys think.

Old 04-21-2012, 11:54 PM   #5
HardKoreKustoms

btt
Old 04-22-2012, 09:26 AM   #6
mightymouse

nice project, this may be my trucks older sister keep up the good work
mightymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 02:12 PM   #7
HardKoreKustoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightymouse View Post
nice project, this may be my trucks older sister keep up the good work
what year is your truck?
Old 04-22-2012, 02:13 PM   #8
HardKoreKustoms

this has been a project in the making for a long time and wanted it done somewhat by sept but the more i pull off of it them more i realize that is a dream not reality...
Old 04-22-2012, 02:50 PM   #9
Tinkermc

change the dream and make it come true. From the pics you have the knowledge and I bet you want to drive a nice truck. Make it happen and do it by Sept. Then the smile on your face will last a long time, like everytime you drive it.Looks like you are off to a good start.
Tinkermc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 01:52 AM   #10
HardKoreKustoms

well i have been around trucks and cars for quite a while during my life i was a diesel mech before currently going to school for collision, but restos and hotrods have always been my number 1. so i am giving this build my all so i can get in on the road in sept. i know it might be getting ahead of myself but already have color in mind and the motor i want, was gonna go with a 396 that i have sitting in the garage, but decided i am gonna go with a ls6 crate from summit.
Old 04-23-2012, 01:53 AM   #11
HardKoreKustoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkermc View Post
change the dream and make it come true. From the pics you have the knowledge and I bet you want to drive a nice truck. Make it happen and do it by Sept. Then the smile on your face will last a long time, like everytime you drive it.Looks like you are off to a good start.
hey thanks i appreciate the motivation and it will keep me driving toward the end of this build
Old 04-24-2012, 11:59 PM   #12
HardKoreKustoms

so today i started the mock up process for sophia, but as i was doing that i was thinking about the floor boards, can someone tell me do i have to cut out the rockers to replace the floor boards i am thinking i have to, if some one would let me know a place to look or anything it would help great.
other wise its all coming along finally evrything is out the cab all swept out and clean so i can see what i need to do. also i thought i only needed one rocker but now i know i was wrong and have to put another one on order to fix my prob;em, but really isnt a big deal sonce i might have to cut it out any ways to replace those floor pans.
i will be posting some pics up here in the next few days, i will need some advice on how to repait something that i kinda know what i wanna do to fx it bu ti want to get a few opinions to help smooth it all out, until then.
Old 04-26-2012, 11:06 PM   #13
TchncnDen

Yep, you'll want to cut off the rockers. I'm sure you'll find more nastiness under there anyway. I know I did. Do you know about Golden Gate Parts? It's on Old Golden Rd. That's in, you guessed it, Golden. He has all the rockers and floor parts in stock as well as enough good used parts to probably build a dozen of these trucks. I bet he's done 100 of these trucks and can give you plenty of advice and tell you what to look for when you take things apart. Just make sure you call him first as his hours are whenever he happens to be there.
TchncnDen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 06:37 PM   #14
HardKoreKustoms

well its been a while since i have posted anything about my project going on, well mostly because i moved and now where i moved i do not have 220 and cant use my compressor and welder. and i really dont want to pay an electrician to come i and put 220 in only because i rent. well what have i dont to her, well nothing i was in the garage today and was looking at what i can do to sophia and i really want to repair around the front windshield lower corners they are rusted through does any one know if they make a patch panel for that area or do i have to fab something up to make it.
Old 08-01-2013, 03:02 PM   #15
HardKoreKustoms

so been a long time since i posted here just wanted to put a vouple of these up, they are my renditons for my truck let me know what you think

Old 08-01-2013, 03:33 PM   #16
Ol Blue K20
Proprietor of Dale's Corner

That's different but I like it.....never thought olive drab and red together but surprise it looks good

Dale
XNGH ECV Sam Brannan 1004

R.I.P. 67ChevyRedneck
R.I.P. Grumpy Old Man
Ol Blue K20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 02:58 PM   #17
ChevyCruizer
17's too small

Pretty wild. Were you Ammo when you were in...
68 C10 SWB SS 5 lug power disc brake conversion 2.5 inch drop spindles van tilt column Air Ride Technologies Cool Ride air bag kits Performance Online tubular upper control arms and shock relocator kits ECE super track panhard bar 1 piece side windows
ChevyCruizer is offline   Reply With Quote