The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-11-2013, 06:24 PM   #1
vht

More questions

Need some help again, been working on my cab and was wondering what I was going to do about wipers. Is there anything out there that I can make work? Got the old vac motor, but we all know how they worked. I've got 2 heater assemblies lined up, just got to get them and see which 1 is in the best shape. I don't have any of the duct work what so ever. I'm going to see what the 1 guy has this wk, if he doesn't have it all I might have to call on you guys and see what you have. Also, on the right side it has louvers on the outside and a plate with 4 screws on the kick panel, was a air vent available for these trucks to get outside air? My truck is a 51 and I guess that's it for now, I'm sure I'll have more later. I got to spend about 8 hrs on it this wk end, slow but sure. Thanks for all the help you've given so far.
vht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 06:39 PM   #2
vht

Re: More questions

Also, do they make a 12 volt heater motor for these trucks, or do you use some type of resistor with the original?
Old 08-11-2013, 08:25 PM   #3
Atommik

The heater draws air in through the right side louvers on the cab just ahead of the passenger door.

As far as the heater fan, LMC sells a voltage reducer to use to operate the fan on a 12 volt system. It wires in line at the motor. I think they do also sell a 12v motor as well.

The duct work is just some flexible metal tubing. I still need to get some for my 51. I saw on this forum somewhere that some one used shop vac hose, purchased at the local Lowes/ Menards/ Home Depot store.
Atommik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 08:48 PM   #4
vht

I figured it was some kinda flexable hose but what does it fasten to at the defrosters? I have 2 holes in the dash and each has 2 screw holes to fasten something.
Old 08-12-2013, 02:42 AM   #5
BLUE49

There are defroster "ducts" that are attached to those holes. You can get aftermarket ones that are made of plastic(ABS) and are junk - don't waste your money. Look around for the original metal ones. If you can't find them let me know and I'll try and dig out the name of the guy I got mine from.
BLUE49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 07:49 PM   #6
vht

Thanks Blue49, what's everybody doing for wipers?
Old 08-12-2013, 09:23 PM   #7
BLUE49

Since I don't drive my truck in the rain, I haven't done anything yet. I will probably get a 12 volt motor from Brothers, Jim Carter or Bowtie Bits. I see a lot of people on here recommend LMC and they're good too. If you Google " Classic Chevy Trucks you will get a ton of info.
BLUE49 is offline   Reply With Quote