The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-21-2013, 03:51 PM   #26
Jabes1

Re: drop spindle caliper hitting not line

I was thinking about this... you are using 1" Camaro rotors, are you using the Camaro calipers as well? Those spindles are designed for your truck and truck parts. I'm willing to bet if you used the stock calipers and stock rotor, you wouldn't have fitment issues. They simply aren't designed for what your trying to do. What is the reason for using the Camaro stuff?
Jabes1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 03:57 PM   #27
Jabes1

Ahh... I see, you want a different bolt pattern.
Jabes1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 07:49 PM   #28
dirtracer81_2

Nah c10 caliper.
The picture is even without the rotor on it.
dirtracer81_2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 11:22 AM   #29
dirtracer81_2

Well thought i would share this email i received this morning. Guy on the phone kinda got smart with me Monday when i talked to them to get my refund. He told me that they never had a problem with them and i had something wrong.

Dear varmint_hunter89,

Dear Buyer
We have recently run across and machining issue with the*
casting on our C10 drop spindles. We are reaching out to you to make sure*
you did not get one of these bad spindles. Please let us know if you have*
installed the spindles and if they worked as they should have.
Thank You*
and we apologize for any inconvenience we may have caused.

Wolf
Crown*
Suspension

And anyways i ordered belltech spindles from autoanything and they were 257 including shipping
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-26-2013, 11:38 AM   #30
Tx Firefighter
Watch out for your cornhole !

I don't want to come across wrong, but stuff like this is why I always buy the best brand I can and from a place I know and trust. It may cause me to have to save longer to get the money I need to buy it, but its worth it to me. I don't do well with heartburn from bad parts.

Summit, Jegs etc don't play any games on customer service. Every time I've ever had a problem from one of the big places, a single phone call has always had them cheerfully next day delivering me a replacement. And I've done a lot of mail ordering over the years. Basically I almost always have an order coming from some place on any given day.
Posted via Mobile Device
Tx Firefighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 12:01 PM   #31
lolife99
67-72 parts collector,…

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tx Firefighter View Post
I don't want to come across wrong, but stuff like this is why I always buy the best brand I can and from a place I know and trust. It may cause me to have to save longer to get the money I need to buy it, but its worth it to me. I don't do well with heartburn from bad parts.

Summit, Jegs etc don't play any games on customer service. Every time I've ever had a problem from one of the big places, a single phone call has always had them cheerfully next day delivering me a replacement. And I've done a lot of mail ordering over the years. Basically I almost always have an order coming from some place on any given day.
Posted via Mobile Device
Well said.
Couldn't agree more.

Convert to disc brakes.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=444823
lolife99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 12:35 PM   #32
dirtracer81_2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tx Firefighter View Post

Posted via Mobile Device

Yeah i agree the ones i went with are belltech #3200 but for $53 cheaper then summit i figured its worth a try
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-26-2013, 05:00 PM   #33
Tx Firefighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtracer81_2 View Post
Yeah i agree the ones i went with are belltech #3200 but for $53 cheaper then summit i figured its worth a try
Posted via Mobile Device
I hesitated to post what I did above because it was hard for me to figure out how to say it without coming across as some guy who has money spewing out of my ears. That is far from the case. I don't have any credit cards or any of that. I just spend a little at a time. On a good month, I can maybe spare 300 dollars. On a bad month maybe 100. Doing it this way takes a long time to build a truck, but I'm a patient man. I've been building a truck lately for which I haven't yet started a build thread. My entire truck purchases this month was a pair of rear shock absorbers, a fuel sending unit, and a roll of 3/8 fuel hose. That's it. Now to wait until next pay cycle so I can get more parts. For the next 30 days, I'll be weed eating around a non running truck every week to keep the grass from growing up too much.

The point of all of that is, I understand why you shopped where you did. Saving some bucks is money you can use to buy other stuff. Maybe even shoes for your kids. But, the heartburn you had to deal with over the first bad parts, exceeded the potential savings in my opinion. When all is said and done, you're gonna be real happy with those Belltech spindles. You bought the best. Period. End of discussion. Belltech is the benchmark by which other spindles are compared.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-26-2013, 05:26 PM   #34
Jonboy
Slots go on anything!

Maybe a little late, but doesn't Summit price match?
Old 07-26-2013, 05:40 PM   #35
Tx Firefighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonboy View Post
Maybe a little late, but doesn't Summit price match?
Absolutely. I have had them do it before. Plus they're offering no shipping or handling fee on any order over 99 dollars right now.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-12-2013, 10:31 PM   #36
superwade57

Amazon is selling 3200 for 274 $ free shipping. Through Amazon not a link to a dif site. Just ordered mine friday! I've got suburban steelies... hope they fit.
Posted via Mobile Device
superwade57 is offline   Reply With Quote