The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-21-2013, 03:38 AM   #1
SEA-HAWKS

71 door mirror

I am having trouble seeing out of my passenger side mirror. There are threads that address the issue. My question though, have any of you ever taken the mirrors apart and switched the mirror bases around? If you did, did it work? How hard was it? It seems to me that it would work and solve the problem. I am just not sure how to get the mirror off the base? Any help with this problem would be appreciated.
SEA-HAWKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 01:02 AM   #2
SEA-HAWKS

Re: 71 door mirror

Does what I am asking make sense? I find it odd that although many have looked at this no one has responded.
SEA-HAWKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 01:33 AM   #3
SS Tim

Re: 71 door mirror

Of course a lot of people have looked. Since the mirrors are handed what would be accomplished by detaching the head from the arm? The heads are not intended to be field repaceable and were sold only as an assembly.

Then again I am not the best person to ask about these things. Since I saw my first pair, in person in late 70, I firmly believe the best place for them is in the trash.

Having to replace one on my dad's G-van that someone unscrewed at a restaurant a week after he bought it new hurt. Told him to get real mirrors be he insisted.
SS Tim is offline   Reply With Quote