The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-29-2013, 07:45 PM   #1
vht

cAB WITH TITLE

I bought a 49 cab, front end parts, 2 drs, hood, and some other stuff. I needed some small parts and the grille for my 51. I'm going to sell everything else and the guy I bought it from is bringing me a title. It is in the guy's name that had it before him but is supposed to be signed. I put this on craig's list so should I say with title? I guess you can build a truck with these parts and use that title I presume. It's a Wisconsin title and I'm in Ky so if it is going to be a hassle I'd just forget it. Got any advice on this?
vht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 09:10 PM   #2
MidLifer

Re: cAB WITH TITLE

A signed title should suffice for re-titling, so long as whoever you end up selling the cab to can fill in their name/address on the buyer's line and date it. If that stuff is blank you should be good to go.

I think you are ok listing it as "with title" so long as you are upfront with any buyers about the condition of the title.
MidLifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 10:14 PM   #3
vht

Thanks midlifer, I thought so but wasn't sure. Didn't want to get in a mess.
Old 08-30-2013, 12:08 AM   #4
mr48chev

make sure that the vin on the title matches the number on the tag on the door post before you advertise it. A blank date and buyers name space work unless it is a state where you have to have a notarized title to transfer it.
To me a clear title adds a decent amount of value to a cab and a clear title in the sellers name adds even more. These days a cab or truck without a title has only the value of the parts in my book no matter how nice it is.

My ongoing truck projects:
48 Chev 3100 that will run a 292 Six.
71 GMC 2500 that is getting a Cad 500 transplant.
77 C 30 dualie, 454, 4 speed with a 10 foot flatbed and hoist. It does the heavy work and hauls the projects around.
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 09:17 AM   #5
vht

Around here nothing is bringing much money. I just want to get back some of what I spent. I don't have a place to store it. It'd of been nice if the running boards were in decent shape like I was told. i'll see what happens, thanks.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-30-2013, 09:42 AM   #6
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Check your local laws on this. Some states are very anal about cab and title, vin and title etc. We have never had an issue with cab and title, just would hate to see something go awry on you... Search it before you post it.
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote