The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-28-2013, 03:53 PM   #26
alsriv2

Location: Formerly MD and San Diego, now loving life in Arizona
Re: Difficult decision of whether or not to sell

That truck is a cool old vehicle. I love the small window '67s. I had a GMC years ago with the same engine and transmission - wish I had never sold the thing.
Unless you have a need for money, or you just don't want it any longer, keep it and learn how to do the things it needs. It will be rewarding to be able to say "I did that". Every one of us had to start somewhere in the learning process on these trucks. None of us was born with the "know how" to keep these things going, we learned, we persevere, and we enjoy the fruits of our "sickness"!

Good luck on your decision.

2012 Ram 3500 Dually Crew Cab 6.7 Cummins
2014 Palomino Columbus 340RK 5th wheel
'69 Chevy C10 396BB
alsriv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 10:46 AM   #27
ETsC10
Hand Crafted C-10

Re: Difficult decision of whether or not to sell

Quote:
Originally Posted by alsriv2 View Post
That truck is a cool old vehicle. I love the small window '67s. I had a GMC years ago with the same engine and transmission - wish I had never sold the thing.
Unless you have a need for money, or you just don't want it any longer, keep it and learn how to do the things it needs. It will be rewarding to be able to say "I did that". Every one of us had to start somewhere in the learning process on these trucks. None of us was born with the "know how" to keep these things going, we learned, we persevere, and we enjoy the fruits of our "sickness"!

I agree with alsriv.
It sounds like you like the truck but are frustrated with all that's going on right now. I would start by making a list
of pros and cons and have a sit down with your wife.

One thing I believe is pertinent here is that your lack of mechanical skill is one very good reason (as someone already
mentioned) to keep the truck. They are very simple to work on, you have a great support network at your
fingertips (us) and parts are very affordable. Compare that to a later model vehicle. When things go wrong with
these trucks, they aren't usually catastrophic price wise. Price out a head gasket, bent valve, or even a tune up
on a late model car sometime.

It's also a very good investment and the longer you wait as the economy improves, the better.

ETsC10 is offline   Reply With Quote