The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-10-2013, 02:43 AM   #1
Cruster

Howdy - '78 Cheyenne Camper Special

Howdy, just wanted to introduce myself; I've been lurking for a couple of months as I shopped for a truck and tried to educate myself. This last weekend I ended up with a C20 Cheyenne that is...not quite what was represented to me during the sale - got a lot of rust, far more than it seemed at first...but I'm excited to resuscitate her into a Swiss Army knife of trucks. A little disappointed at the Swiss cheese that is my rocker panels - held together with some lovely blue paint! - but the bones are good and the drivetrain, while she needs some TLC, seems to be sound. Got a giant box of parts coming from Rock Auto in the next few days so I know how I'm spending my weekend. Gonna focus on getting her mobile and safe, then worry about cosmetics. I'm used to foreign cars - I love the fact that parts are dirt, dirt cheap. And...rust or not, it's one of the coolest looking things on the road. I'm stoked to breathe some new life into her. Plus, my father-in-law is a diehard Chevy man - I'm back to favorite son-in-law status!

I'm in Tacoma, WA. Appreciate all the info I've gotten here already, and looking forward to being a part of this community.
Posted via Mobile Device
Cruster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 05:33 AM   #2
Remon.

Re: Howdy - '78 Cheyenne Camper Special

Welcome! Good luck with your build and uhh...

Remon. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 08:47 PM   #3
GM_For_Life

Re: Howdy - '78 Cheyenne Camper Special

Hey there Westsider! Yeah the coast is hard on the old metal, but if you ever need good desert parts there's tons and tons of straight square bodies in Yakima and surrounding area, nice and dry! If you really want to get some funny looks head to Seattle U-district; old, loud rusty trucks are quite a sight!

-1967 Olds Delta 88 (sold)
-1977 GMC High Sierra
-1988 Chevy Suburban v10 (sold)
GM_For_Life is offline   Reply With Quote