The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-03-2013, 11:22 PM   #1
Slammed 58 Chevy

Does anyone know this truck?

Hey,
I came across a few pictures in some other threads on here. This truck was built and owned by a friend of mine before we knew each other. I always liked the truck from the description and few pictures he had of it. Finding it on here was random and really has me wondering where it is today. I believe it was sold around 2007 or so, and 6 months to a year later he saw the truck at the Carlisle Swap Meet in PA with Sold written across the windshield.
Any information, or if the owner is on here and can give some insight, would be appreciated. My friend was excited to here when I told him I found pictures of it so I think it would be cool to learn some more.
There are two pictures on here that were from my friends driveway and used on ebay. This is one of two pictures another member posted that must be from one of or the current owner.
Thanks for any info.
Joey

Name:  24fa2ae3b6345d.jpg
Views: 597
Size:  82.7 KB
Old 10-04-2013, 04:03 AM   #2
Remon.

Re: Does anyone know this truck?

Yes. The truck is located here in the Netherlands. The owner is also active on this forum. I'll inform him of this topic.

Sorry for the big pics, but 'stole' them from a Dutch forum.

As far as I can judge from the pictures, it's a very beautiful truck.
Remon. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 08:17 AM   #3
Slammed 58 Chevy

Cool, I appreciate it. Funny to know its no longer in the states. Hopefully the owner can add a little background to the story.
Thanks again
Old 10-04-2013, 08:33 AM   #4
andrewmp6

Look at it this way its still on the road driving some where.And people all over the world love our trucks just like us.
andrewmp6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 08:39 AM   #5
bnoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewmp6 View Post
Judging by the plate and van thing in the background its not here anymore,I'm guessing Europe maybe middle east those guys love our trucks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewmp6 View Post
Look at it this way its still on the road driving some where.And people all over the world love our trucks just like us.
Haha, you went back and reread it didn't you! Caught before/during your edit.

BTW, those "van things" are all over the place here now. Especially the Ford Transit.

BTW, love that truck! That's what mine would look like as a dually except my orange looks to be brighter. And I have a bench seat... and mine's an auto... and mine's a GMC... but outside THAT... exACTLY the same.
bnoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 09:13 AM   #6
Remon.

In the Netherlands we have pretty much squares driving around. Even used as daily's (few of them on this forum) There are a good number of American cars here anyway.

Unfortunately it will be much less next year because of governmental tax changes which makes squares extremely expensive to run (even next to our idiotic gas prices). So you guys can buy em back

I didn't know that the little European Vans were becoming more popular in the States? Mileage issue, subsidized, or..?
Old 10-04-2013, 09:23 AM   #7
TwinTurbo

How do you know it's the same truck?
TwinTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 10:05 AM   #8
Slammed 58 Chevy

Its a 76 i believe, camper special, was super low miles when my friend owned it. He was the second owner of the truck. Completely re did it, I know it was stick, buckets, console, same two tone. The tail gate had the insert trim, but that is a newer tailgate, so it did not fit, but he had already painted the white on the tail gate, so he left it go with out the insert. Basically lets just say, I know its the truck, with out a doubt in my mind. Glad to see it basically looks exactly the same. I may have to build a clone of it seeings how its out of the country, no chance in running in to you anywhere haha.
Old 10-04-2013, 10:33 AM   #9
TwinTurbo

It's a 454, stick, dual exhaust w/ flowmasters dumping before the axle, camper bed dampers missing, pass side tank missing (soon to be fixed), low miles indeed (but I wasn't sure, coiuld have rolled the odo) It has a distinctive screw through the dash where 1 indicator light is LOL.

I will fix the tank soon, I have another tank for it to go in place so I can get the dual tank setup working again. Replaced and repaired all lights (it may have been the Britons clownign around with them, to pass their MOT) all roof lights are working again. It's a pretty clean truck and drives like a champ. Just consumes a LOT of fuel LOL
TwinTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 02:20 PM   #10
bnoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remon. View Post
I didn't know that the little European Vans were becoming more popular in the States? Mileage issue, subsidized, or..?
The Ford Transit Connect is becoming more and more popular as commercial vehicles because they can haul larger items yet still get great mileage. I've only seen a few privately owned ones. It has only been here a few years (since 2009 Wiki says) but they are very popular with things like flower delivery companies, small catering companies... I see a window washer company has them, and pest companies...
Old 10-04-2013, 02:41 PM   #11
Remon.

Ok, interesting. I knew that the Mercedes Sprinter became more pupular but didn't expected the Transit Connect to be sold across the pond.

As much as I want to drive my truck every day, I can't deny that I'm driving one of those (40mpg diesel) vans.. Fuel costs sucks..
Old 10-04-2013, 03:05 PM   #12
bnoon

I've not seen any Mercedes Sprinters except on car lots. More and more of the Ford's though. And we don't get the diesel's (yet anyway). They're all the 2.0 gasoline variants.