The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-22-2013, 11:36 PM   #1
Baddawgcustoms

72 LWB C10 named "Obie"...resto time.

My Grandfather bought this truck new in 1972, and ordered it just like he wanted it. NO AC, no pb, no ps, not even a radio. 3 on the tree with a 307 2 bl. When I bought the truck, it had 33,400 original miles. It has been under a shelter most of its life, so it has VERY little rust. (cab corners of course). I did install a 4 bl carb and intake, and HEI, to start to make a real driver out of her a few years back, but decided just to park her back under the shed and wait for the day I could restore her. The truck is in fabulous shape, but I didn't want to just patch it up enough to drive, I really wanted a restoration done. Well I've watched it sit under the shed long enough! It's time to get it started. I found this forum a couple years ago, but just wasn't ready to get started yet.

My vision for "Obie" (that was my Grandpa's name, so why not name the truck the same), is to pretty much be about 95 percent original. I will keep the HEI, 3speed will go on the floor, the 4 bl will stay, but I'm sure I will go chevy orange all over the motor, and a factory 4 bl breather on the truck. I do want to lower the truck, but I intend to run white steelies with 1951 chevy chrome hubcaps (the ones with chevrolet in red across the cap.) I'm sure I will go with power brakes. It already has disc brakes in the front, and pretty sure it will get power steering as well.

Looking forward to as much help from you guys as possible, to make this restoration a breeze. I've saw some great threads and builds, and I definitely see some folks with great tips that seem to enjoy helping. I've built a lot of custom bikes, but this will be my very first restoration on something with 4 wheels! I'm a 42 year old gear head looking forward to getting greasy, and then making ol Obie shine again!
Attached Images

Baddawgcustoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 12:04 AM   #2
sduckworth13

Re: 72 LWB C10 named "Obie"...resto time.

Looks like a great truck to start with. Good luck with your build.