The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-28-2013, 03:45 PM   #1
72chevyrick

frame question

anyone in AZ,i want to put a short bed frame under my 3/4 truck.i have all the paper work for mine but the short bed frame has been out of the system for 30 + years no paper work.any ideas ? some say they never check frames.any one know AZ law or if you have done it...
72chevyrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 10:55 PM   #2
joedoh

Re: frame question

here in ks any out of state registered truck gets a vin inspection. all you have to do is show the frame to the state inspectors (here its the troopers) and they remove the frame VIN from the database and make a note in their system that its now under your truck. Sometimes they assign a new state VIN plate to your truck (still title as YOM). It would be a good idea to do a VIN search with the DMV to make certain there isnt a stolen claim on your frame.

VIN laws exist so people dont steal parts to rebuild cars. Despite what others may say it has nothing to do with safety inspections, which some states also have.

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 12:54 PM   #3
72chevyrick

thanks,i will head to the d.m.v today
72chevyrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 02:58 PM   #4
padresag

right in the faq section http://www.bipac.net/semaga/TagTitleToolbox_AZ.pdf

same here; any vehicle from out of province or country has to go through a complete inspection, that it complies with every thing. aftr that it doesn't.
where it may rear it's ugly head is if it gets in a serious accident and they start checking things out and if things don't line up. then it changes. first thing is the insurance co. looking for a way out and if there is frame problem or screwed up vin #'s you will know that they will have you by the short ones
ron
padresag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 10:04 PM   #5
B_Bob

I had to have an inspection done on my truck here in Arizona. They definitely checked the frame for the vin. Unfortunately for me, the GMC trucks don't have a vin stamped into the frame. They made me remove the motor mount and proceeded to grind the paint off of the frame to make sure the vin had not been illegally removed. Two trips to the MVD and they finally accepted that the frame had not been tampered with.

Just make sure you get the paperwork for the frame you want to use before doing all the work.
B_Bob is offline   Reply With Quote