The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-04-2013, 08:25 PM   #1
NASTY-LSX

wipers wont turn off, ANY idea's

The fuse was pulled from the fuse panel. as far as i can see there in no hacking of the wiring system in this truck. its clean clean clean..

I put the fuse back in (25A) and they worked. I twist the turn signal to off and they stay on at one speed all the time no matter if i put in high or low or off.
I looked at the wires that go to the wiper motor and I see holes from a light probe. So I know he tried to get them fixed at one time. Now it in my hands.
the only way to turn them off is to pull the fuse LMAO

What are the steps??

1985 Chevy K20
NASTY-LSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 08:00 AM   #2
Rascal_one2001

Re: wipers wont turn off, ANY idea's

I had one that was doing the same thing it was a bad wiper motor. its easier to unplug the wiper motor than pull the fuse that's how I did mine till I got around to fixing it just have to plug it back when it starts to sprinkle.
Old 11-05-2013, 11:14 PM   #3
NASTY-LSX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rascal_one2001 View Post
I had one that was doing the same thing it was a bad wiper motor. its easier to unplug the wiper motor than pull the fuse that's how I did mine till I got around to fixing it just have to plug it back when it starts to sprinkle.
thanks, ill get a new one and see what happens
NASTY-LSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 12:07 AM   #4
beamn7

Most likely a bad park switch in the motor. (located right at the connector on the motor. slides out) You used to be able to just replace the switch rather than the whole motor. I pulled mine out, cleaned it up, re-adjusted the tension on the contacts (aka bent them) and it's been stopping now for 14 years...

If the new motor doesn't fix it, I'd look at the wiper control module that sits towards the bottom of the column right behind the lower removable metal piece of the dash. Black box with a silver heat sink and a connector on each end... Usually that is only if you have non-op intermittent wipers though...
beamn7 is offline   Reply With Quote