The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-06-2013, 12:52 PM   #1
Drewski23

what trim is my truck supposed to have? pics

Hi Guys

1969 custom/10 shortbed

Im going to replace all glass so i want to order the correct rubber and trim for my truck..

WIndows-It does have somewhat of a groove in the rubber but its not very deep and it doesnt look like anything was ever glued on there..maybe it has been replaced i dont know. I have seen some trucks where the groove is very deep to where the window trim fits almost flush with the rubber, im not sure if our trucks were that way though. If some trucks came with completely smooth rubber i guess that would answer my question... I dont see an option for it on my SPID and im not sure if it was an option or if it came standard.

Body- My spid does however have 2 seperate codes for 'Body Side Molding' Im not sure if thats all encompassing trim on the truck or its just the trim on the side. If the truck came with the trim on the sides does it always have the trim on the tailgate? It does have the embossed chevrolet in the tailgate which im not sure if that was correct for having the tail gate trim. However i think it was rear ended because the bumper and supports are new and the bed floor it scrunched a bit, so im sure that has been replaced also. My body has been filled in from the trim holes but i may restore them when i go for final body work and paint so i am curious how i could tell if my truck used the wood grain trim or black trim, or whatever other options were available.

Misc- My truck also has no drip rail trim, or trim around the cab above the bed, which i have never seen before but i noticed it in the last picture posted

Now my truck SPID says white/olive green for the paint which means the top was originally white and im guessing the trim above the bed was for where the color lines were?

thanks fellas
Attached Images

Last edited by Drewski23; 11-06-2013 at 01:10 PM.
Drewski23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 01:28 PM   #2
Drewski23

Re: what trim is my truck supposed to have? pics

it looks like the two codes for body molding were 4b85aa which is the upper and '4bx2ba' 'Body side molding-w' which the link says is the lower trim but i would think the -w may be for window?

i see an option for 'two tone paint moldings' which my truck does not have on the spid

http://outintheshop.com/options.html

Last edited by Drewski23; 11-06-2013 at 01:41 PM.
Drewski23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 04:13 PM   #3
hugger6933

Re: what trim is my truck supposed to have? pics

That rubber is for the chrome trim that goes in but it doesn't glue in. It is chrome or stainless I don't know witch one don't remember. Jim
hugger6933 is offline   Reply With Quote