The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-13-2013, 02:20 AM   #1
In The Ten Ring

Suggested powder coaters in WV or surrounding states?

I plan to get my inner fenders, radiator core support, battery tray, and other smaller front end parts powder coated next summer. I want to go with a semi-gloss black for those.

Does anyone have experience with powder coaters in WV or the surrounding states?

I'd be willing to drive as far as NC, OH, PA, KY to drop my parts off and of course, drive back to pick those up.

I know the act of powder coating is great for looking good and resisting the elements but I also know it has to be done right to really work.

Thanks!
In The Ten Ring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 09:17 AM   #2
68Stepbed

Re: Suggested powder coaters in WV or surrounding states?

What part of WV are you? There's a good place about a mile from my house here in east TN. http://www.colortecsite.com/

68 C10 stepside, LS1/700R4, TCI Engineering suspension system
68Stepbed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 09:45 AM   #3
special-K
Special Order

West Virginia is a big place. I have a powder coat guy in WVA about 45 minutes away and I'm in Central Maryland. If you are anywhere near the Panhandle I'll give you his info. Seen his work on an Advance Design he has and it looked great

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 02:09 AM   #4
In The Ten Ring

I am in southern WV but neither eastern TN nor that which borders MD is too far away. I have access to my father's truck, so I could borrow it for hauling the larger items.

I need someone whom I can trust to prudently media blast away the surface rust and old paint (without harming the metal) and degrease properly. I intend to go with only the color black also.

I travel to PA via MD usually once or twice a year for professional ski training, so I could get something done this winter even. That would save some time and get me more ready to have her running this summer.
In The Ten Ring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 08:29 AM   #5
special-K
Special Order

Because you asked about WVA,I thought of this guy I just met at an antique truck show in September...Powder Coating Pros just outside of Charlestown,WVA (304) 725-6174. I've had them do anything for me,but saw his work. 45 minutes east I have a place by me I've used for 30 or more years on more parts than I can recall. They do production work as well as a single part for the average Joe. www.mdpowdercoating.com Darren does it right and,as you can imagine,has a list of references longer than Rapunzel's hair. There are many other places in my general area and I've only once used another. That one's in Baltimore and has been an industrial coater since 1947. They do BIG contracts,like the Navy and other gov't agencies. My ladder racks were a "back door" job for them.

But,you'll probably be coming up I-79 and I'm sure Morgantown or somewhere else along the way will have a powder coat business. I don't know what parts you want done,but would shipping them be on option? No matter where you go,it will be drop them off one day and pick them up a later day

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote