The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-21-2013, 11:32 AM   #1
luke_jones

Electrical/ turn signal dilemma

Guess I haven't done much but lurk and watch peoples build since I've joined, but now I am hoping someone can offer some help.

Several weeks ago I pulled my cluster to swap the bulbs for LED, while it was apart I cleaned all of the contacts on the printed circuit board/plastic. Since I've put it back together I have had a problem with my left turn signal. When you use the signal the relay clicks and the rear signal flashes, but the dash indicator and front light does nothing. Same outcome with hazards, neither the left indicator or front left light flash. Does anyone know what I could have changed that would only affect the front portion of the left signal/flasher? Seems like it would be a wire or connection point, but I'm not sure where to look, everything seems to have a good clean connection.

On a side note, more recently I began having issues with my low beams. They don't work....its not burnt out bulbs because when you flip to high beams all 4 lights light up. I replaced the dimmer switch, but that did nothing for me.

Any suggestions would be great, I've been googling and trying/looking at anything I can come across and haven't found a solution yet.

Oh...its an 85 Suburban for whatever that's worth. Thanks!
luke_jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 12:12 PM   #2
motornut
78K & 79C Jimmys

Re: Electrical/ turn signal dilemma

i'd want to check the bulbs and sockets are seated good/contact is good
did you replace the turn indicators too/to LEDs?
not sure if bulb resistance is needed here,some need to replace the flasher in the fusebox when using LEDs
headlight dimmer switch on top of the coloum,
or dash light dimmer switch ( headlight switch)
motornut is offline   Reply With Quote