The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-29-2013, 05:25 PM   #1
dwoods

Rear Axle / Steering Box

I need some advice/recommendations on a rear end swap for my truck. I have two Eatons H052's, one in my truck and a spare -they do have different part numbers but both have 32 tooth rings in them - I'm assuming they are 4.57's?

I'm looking for something highway friendly that is the easiest swap with the best fitment and least amount of fabrication.

I'm going to look at some truck parts tomorrow or Sunday and need to know what the best choices are - what years, type, model numbers, typical pricing and how to clearly identify them.... In addition; what should I be looking at to make sure they are worth buying - any quick checks I could perform before purchasing and hauling home...
I also would like to get a spare manual steering box if I have the opportunity to get one - please also let me know what years are compatible with my truck and any cautions/checks I should beware of....

67 3/4 ton long bed stepper with coil springs all around.

Thanks in advance for your help!

D
dwoods is offline   Reply With Quote