The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-01-2013, 03:15 PM   #1
Trump

'64 C10 Deluxe Heater....completely confused... somebody please help

I have a '64 C10. It was missing many of the heater parts and I have been slowly trying to gather up pieces to revive it. All that was really there was the heater core box and plenum on the inside of the cab. Everything else was gone.

So Have been scouring the net and asking lots of questions to try to get this thing back together. Everything I have been told points to the unit being a "deluxe" heater.

So i bought a repop Deluxe Control assembly which came with no documentation. I was lost as to where the cables all went. A member on another forum was kind enough to scan a couple images for me from the '64 supplement manual.

Here's where the confusion starts again. The diagrams show the three cables (which had come with the controller assembly). The one I am completely confused about is the "temperature control cable". It shows it coming through the firewall and connecting to a lever on the side of the heater core box. Thing is....my heater core box does not have this lever. In fact it doesn't even have holes where the lever would be. To further add to the confusion, I ordered a heater gasket set and it looks like only 2 of the gaskets fit The two the go to the firewall. The rest of the unit appeared to be sealed with some sort of body caulk.

I can only find to flappers and levers, one for the defrost and one in the plenum that lets the air in from the heater box.

So here's where I'm at..... I don't know if my heater box and plenum have been cobbled together between years, or models, or variations, or if I have an odd-ball one. If it is stock where the heck does the temp control cable go on this unit? Could this be a standard "thrift air" unit after all? I was under the impression that the standard units didn't have boxes under the hood?

Can anyone help?

Last edited by Trump; 12-01-2013 at 03:33 PM.
Trump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 03:33 PM   #2
Rich 5150 69

Re: '64 C10 Deluxe Heater....completely confused... somebody please help

Maybe this will help..
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...hlight=Heaters
`68 Dart 370/904/323 suregrip
Rich 5150 69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 03:49 PM   #3
Trump

Re: '64 C10 Deluxe Heater....completely confused... somebody please help

Please note that you must be a supporting member to post classified items. This includes but is not limited to What Its Worth, Want To Buy, Want To Trade, and For Sale. Please consider supporting the forum by subscribing. Further information on the subscription levels available are located here

If you need any further assistance with that please contact any Admin for help.
Trump is offline   Reply With Quote