The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

View Poll Results: tire choise
BFG 15 83.33%
Mastercraft 0 0%
M/T's 3 16.67%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-16-2013, 06:33 PM   #1
school boy

Tire choices!

Looking for advise on tire selection. Getting 255/60/15's.
Mastercraft Advenger G/T

BF Goodwrench

Mickey Thompson Sportsman's
school boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 04:14 AM   #2
andrewmp6

Re: Tire choices!

Tires depends how your going to use the truck and budget.
andrewmp6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 03:07 PM   #3
school boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewmp6 View Post
Tires depends how your going to use the truck and budget.
The truck will be used for a variety of task, mostly just a cruiser in decent weather. It will haul a trailer a few times a year and may hit up the drag strip to play around. All the tires in the poll would work, just seeing if anyone has any input.
Old 12-17-2013, 03:34 PM   #4
dieseldawg142

had the 255/60-15 BF's on the back of my '68 half ton. tuff as nails, lasted forever, & i beat on them. due to work it wasn't uncommon to have 1000-1500 lbs of shingles in the back of the truck, drove them yr round, even in snow, & an occasional case of unintended acceleration-the kicker? they weren't even truck tires, they were P, car tires!
dieseldawg142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 03:45 PM   #5
8lugnutz

I have had BFG Radial All-Terrains on every 4x4 I have owned. They are good in mud and snow (although probably not as good as the MT), but I don't plan on staying in the mud too much. For an all around tire, they are pretty solid.

I bought them from Discount Tire, and have always purchased the free replacement certificates as well. I have paid full price for a "new" tire for several years. Something always happens to a tire and they replace them under warranty, so all I usually have to pay for is the disposal fee and a new certificate ~$15 or so. I've had nails, shards of glass, screws, bolts, sticks, and nearly everything else you can imagine stuck in those tires, and Discount Tire has never once denied the warranty. It's not the way I would plan to get new tires on my truck, I just use my truck for a lot of different things, and go a lot of different places where road hazards tend to be.

My wife told me I spent too much time on Facebook. So I bought an old truck. Now she wishes I was on Facebook, it was cheaper.
8lugnutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 04:13 PM   #6
Jonboy
Slots go on anything!

I vote BFG as well.
Old 12-17-2013, 04:43 PM   #7
Malo83
Cruzzzn' Vet

BFG's
Attached Images

Malo83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 04:47 PM   #8
school boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8lugnutz View Post
I have had BFG Radial All-Terrains on every 4x4 I have owned. They are good in mud and snow (although probably not as good as the MT), but I don't plan on staying in the mud too much. For an all around tire, they are pretty solid.

I bought them from Discount Tire, and have always purchased the free replacement certificates as well. I have paid full price for a "new" tire for several years. Something always happens to a tire and they replace them under warranty, so all I usually have to pay for is the disposal fee and a new certificate ~$15 or so. I've had nails, shards of glass, screws, bolts, sticks, and nearly everything else you can imagine stuck in those tires, and Discount Tire has never once denied the warranty. It's not the way I would plan to get new tires on my truck, I just use my truck for a lot of different things, and go a lot of different places where road hazards tend to be.
I agree the bfg a/t's are best tires I ever owned on a 4x4 but were talking bfg t/a's here! lol
Old 12-17-2013, 08:23 PM   #9
Jonboy
Slots go on anything!

They are one of the best looking white lettered 15" tires out there. I hate seeing a fresh (or even well done) resto on cheap, no name tires. The price difference in tires is negligible In those terms.
Old 12-18-2013, 10:04 AM   #10
school boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonboy View Post
They are one of the best looking white lettered 15" tires out there. I hate seeing a fresh (or even well done) resto on cheap, no name tires. The price difference in tires is negligible In those terms.
There are very few tire companies making tires in these sizes anymore, most are good brands. Some of the brands are made from the same company just different names. I know mastercraft is not well known on here I but have had several tires from them and do like them. Any of these three tires will be about the same and will look good on the truck. I just like to see opinions from you guys.
Old 12-18-2013, 01:14 PM   #11
nekkidhillbilly
Account Suspended

ive had both the first 2 before on 4wds both good tires.
nekkidhillbilly is offline   Reply With Quote