The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-03-2014, 01:15 AM   #7
72 Copper C-10

Re: I Need Suggestions/Answers

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruthaMan View Post
I really like the rally wheels. Some larger wheels look OK, if lowered right. Otherwise they look like big wagon wheels. Sort of like a string bikini on a 70 year old. Yeah, you look...but just once.
haha Great way to put it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockDoc View Post
-
I like the rally wheels myself but you will see all kinds. You might find something you like in this thread....

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=365260

I hope you have some time to kill...

LockDoc
Thanks for the link!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
I think this one's on you. Take a look at what's out there (link offered)n and go from there. I imagine you are looking for us to tell you what you should put on your truck. More like you want to know what all is out there so you don't buy wheels then say,"Dang,I wish I knew about those before I bought these". I like to consider the end result desired for the whole truck,then find wheels that go with that best. Handsome factory looking calls for rallye or OEM-type steel wheels with hub caps Those second wheels can go over to the rugged 4 wheeler look simply by running no caps,either left original white or painted other colors. I alwys liked black,but these days with so many black wheels people most won't realize you went through the effort to remain OEM-type. White spoke wheels can actually give a great off road era-correct look as well. GM even used these later in the '70s,but were stamped vs made from steel plate. There are other tough off rod steel wheels like round hole and d-hole with or without fake beadlocks (to be street legal). For a timeless handsome era correct pride and joy with a personal touch look there are aluminum slots and finned aluminum (turbine/Vector). The latter are out there in an assortment of designs. If you want the latest trend,I can't help ya there. No my bag,man
thanks Special-K! well today I put the my tires on some better rallys and I cant wait to put them on tomorrow. I figured that I'll put some better rallys on for now until I either find wheels I like better or decide if I'll get these rallys powder coated. I'll post a pic when I get them on
72 Copper C-10 is offline   Reply With Quote