The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-10-2014, 09:26 AM   #1
Pargolf

Window regulators 1967 SS SWB

Need some advice, neither of my windows works correctly, the PO said he didn't know why. I do now, the sash holder was laying in the bottom of the door panel and both regulators are practically frozen from rust. I ordered new regulators and sash channel assemblies and will proceed when I get them.

My question is, do you need to remove the wing window in order to change the regulator? The service manual says to remove the screws that hold the regulator to the door and push the regulator into the door and slide it toward the rear (opening) and remove, but I am hitting a vertical bar that looks like it is part of the wing window. Anyone do this before? Appreciate some help.

I am beginning to learn that I too, have purchased "Franken-truck" that has been put together from several different vehicles, that's okay, still looks good and runs decent, fun to drive and turns some heads, just makes it harder to figure out what model year parts I need for which project!

Thanks!
Pargolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 09:48 AM   #2
Bigdav160

Re: Window regulators 1967 SS SWB

I had to remove the vent assemblies completely to get the regulators in and out. It seems to be the path of least resistance.
'73 Z-28 Camaro
'63 Ford SWB Uni Pickup
'50 Ford Coupe
Bigdav160 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 09:51 AM   #3
msgdsrf

Bump for replies. I'm curious too because I'm about to change one of mine out. My searches gave me the impression people do remove the wing window assembly, but also may not have had to.

Window is up? Crank mechanisim is loose from door, slide towards latch till rollers meet with notches in upper guide was my understanding.
msgdsrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 10:46 AM   #4
c10Dream'n

well what do ya know, I ran into this problem a week ago when I tried to roll my driver side window up. I took the door panel off and I noticed where the regulator is inside of the door, when I tried to roll the window up, it would make the door panel bulge. Have you experienced this as well? in the process of ordering new regulators for both doors.
c10Dream'n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 01:30 PM   #5
LockDoc
The Older Generation

-
I have removed them both ways and I can tell you that once you learn to do it by removing the wing windows it will be a lot easier. Check this thread out.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=423022

LockDoc

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles

(My Dually Pickup Project Thread)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829820

-
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote