The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > LSx Swaps

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-18-2014, 05:18 AM   #26
LS-K

Re: LY6 Fuel System questions

I live in AZ. We're tested out here. In case I want to keep em do I send the hose the charcoal canister or back to the tank?
LS-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 08:54 PM   #27
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

You can delete it all and still pass most Scan-check, since there will not be a code or rediness monitor problem. If there is a visual inspection, you can just leave the solenoid unhooked, and a blank line coming off of it.

Are you sure the emissions tests include older vehicles or swapped vehicles? Many states change the law ~20 years old or when registered as a collector/hobbyist type.

MY BUILD THE H8RDCPTR //\\ MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL REV J HD
BR3W CITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 01:06 AM   #28
68c10airstream

Hi Conner, as a past ase mechanic i still dabble in gm trucks. I put a 2001 5.3 ls in my 68 with a return fuel system. I believe in around 2004 gm went to returnless fuel system, anotherwords a single line from tank to injector rail. I cleaned the injectors on a co-workers 2007 5.3 4wd truck and first monitored fuel pressure. On start up it went to about 62 psi and warmed up and settled into about 45 psi. I believe this system is a pulse width modulated fuel pump system run by the pcm. In looking at varoius builds i believe the question first should be "what engine controller are you going to use"?. Aftermarket controller will probably be matched up with the external corvette filter/regulator, where as gm controller would require their pump module with the included filter basket strainer all in the tank. The gm fuel pump module is a little bulky but aftermarket venders sell a top plate to be welded into tank of choice. I favor the factory because of extended fuel pump life from pulse width modulation, fuel filter inside tank, quietness, and especially the clean minimalistic outside line layout. This is also safer as less lines outside to leak in case of an accident. Longer filter life with it in-tank. Gm fuel pump modules are not cheap but neither are good aftermarket pumps. In my 68 ls swap i bent all my lines using brake lines, mastercool hydralic flaring tool to make the o ring fittings at the external fuel filter, and adapted from brake line flare to the organ donor rubber line with the quick connectors using edelmann brand brass fittings and efi specific clamps. No leaks like what happens sometimes with AN fittings and looks oem and was reasonable in cost. Good luck, Brian F.
68c10airstream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 02:59 AM   #29
mcmlxix
Collector of Projects

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS-K View Post
mcmlxix,
Any chance you can tell me what exact 2005 truck you used that pump off of? I've got an LS6 from a CTSV that's return-less. I'm about to set up my fuel system. Thank you so much. Also if you had an evap line and if you did, what you did with it. Where did you route/send it to? Thank you so much in advance.
GM# 19167467 or FG0340

Check out my build thread in my signature.... I built a custom tank and used a weld in fuel pump ring from www.vaporworx.com They come in aluminum and stainless... The rings were originally designed to use the CTS-V pumps for the Pro-Touring crowd....

D60 BIG BRAKE UPGRADE Click HERE
mcmlxix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 03:08 AM   #30
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

04/5 seems to be the cutoff point on return style systems, so if your still using the 2009 then the returnless system is being used with the ecm voltage control (pump pwm). You can run the system without PWM.

I've also read about something called Fuel On Demand designed for the 5th gen Camaro's, which I guess is another system designed to get an aftermarket pump working with the PWM/FRP sensor.

MY BUILD THE H8RDCPTR //\\ MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL REV J HD
BR3W CITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 03:30 AM   #31
LS-K

Smile Re: LY6 Fuel System questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmlxix View Post
GM# 19167467 or FG0340

Check out my build thread in my signature.... I built a custom tank and used a weld in fuel pump ring from www.vaporworx.com They come in aluminum and stainless... The rings were originally designed to use the CTS-V pumps for the Pro-Touring crowd....
Thanks a mil. I'll start doing my fuel setup within a week or two. I'll keep reading and see what I can pickup from you pros.
LS-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 09:48 PM   #32
Shooters_7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68c10airstream View Post
Hi Conner, as a past ase mechanic i still dabble in gm trucks. I put a 2001 5.3 ls in my 68 with a return fuel system. I believe in around 2004 gm went to returnless fuel system, anotherwords a single line from tank to injector rail. I cleaned the injectors on a co-workers 2007 5.3 4wd truck and first monitored fuel pressure. On start up it went to about 62 psi and warmed up and settled into about 45 psi. I believe this system is a pulse width modulated fuel pump system run by the pcm. In looking at varoius builds i believe the question first should be "what engine controller are you going to use"?. Aftermarket controller will probably be matched up with the external corvette filter/regulator, where as gm controller would require their pump module with the included filter basket strainer all in the tank. The gm fuel pump module is a little bulky but aftermarket venders sell a top plate to be welded into tank of choice. I favor the factory because of extended fuel pump life from pulse width modulation, fuel filter inside tank, quietness, and especially the clean minimalistic outside line layout. This is also safer as less lines outside to leak in case of an accident. Longer filter life with it in-tank. Gm fuel pump modules are not cheap but neither are good aftermarket pumps. In my 68 ls swap i bent all my lines using brake lines, mastercool hydralic flaring tool to make the o ring fittings at the external fuel filter, and adapted from brake line flare to the organ donor rubber line with the quick connectors using edelmann brand brass fittings and efi specific clamps. No leaks like what happens sometimes with AN fittings and looks oem and was reasonable in cost. Good luck, Brian F.
I have a 2009 LY6 with a Boyd fuel tank and have already run all the lines. Just figuring out some of the emissions stuff right now prior to getting the thing running. Thanks for all the input though!