The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-23-2014, 12:40 PM   #1
rou
I can see the finish line!

Exclamation Scam Alert 72 Blazer

Just wanted to pass on a Google Wallet Auto scam I came across fro a Chevy Blazer. This one was listed on mautofied.com here. I reached out and got the following response:

Thank you for being interested in buying my 1972 CHEVROLET K5 BLAZER. The Blazer has been extremely well maintained with a full service history and has not been involved in any accidents. Only 83,487 miles, the car comes with a V8. The automatic transmission shifts smoothly and the engine runs great. Title is clear.
I bought it when i was serving in Naval Submarine Base, New London, CT. But i was promoted and transferred to Elmendorf AFB in Anchorage Alaska for a 3 years period so i do not want to let it ruin in my backyard therefore i need a fast and reliable buyer.
The car is already at our Naval Logistic Department from New London, CT. The Blazer is crated and ready to go. The shipping will be free for you because i will transport it using the Internal Logistic Department! The Logistic Department will deliver the car to the nearest U.S. Army base from your area and from there i will use a tow-truck to have it delivered at your door. The whole shipping process will take 2-3 days.
The financial part will be managed by Google Wallet which means that you will have a 5 days inspection period before committing to buy the car. In this way both buyer and seller are 100% covered during the steps of this transaction.
If you agree with my final price $1,800.00 and you are interested to conclude this purchase in a timely manner email me your: Full name and shipping address, so i can inform Google Wallet that i have a buyer! I will forward your details to them and then you will receive an invoice (with no further obligations or fees). Then you will be able to talk with them directly and ask all you want to know.
If there are any questions left please don't hesitate to ask.
Hope to hear from you soon!

It looked to good to be true so I searched Google wallet scams and found this on the Google Scam site:

You find a cheap car online, and the seller claims that for your protection the purchase will be completed via Google Wallet. The car price is "too good to be true" and the seller claims a need to sell the car quickly because he or she is moving, moving out of the country, being called for military service, getting a divorce, etc. The reality is that there is no car, and you won’t be using Google Wallet. Instead, the seller will send you an invoice that appears to be from Google Wallet, but will instruct you to make the payment via Western Union, MoneyGram or bank transfer.

A legitimate Google Wallet transaction will require that you sign in to your Google Account and execute the payment using the Google Wallet interface. Google Wallet does not accept wire transfers/bank transfers or payments via Western Union/MoneyGram, nor does it use any escrow type of payment.

Damn, my search for a decent 4x4 blazer continues...
rou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 01:12 PM   #2
truckster

Re: Scam Alert 72 Blazer

There are too many scams out there. I wouldn't buy a vehicle unless I see it before handing over the money.

I had a GTO ad I responded to that was a similar scam. I knew it was a scam when I saw it, but I decided to have some fun with the scammer. I told him I was going to be TDY in the area the next week and I could come by and see it. He got really creative with his excuses for a while, but I guess he finally gave up.
truckster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 10:21 PM   #3
toms68cst

I've seen that blazer on our local classifides (Like CL) The same seller had the Blazer a BMW M3 and some other specialty cars for dirt cheap. I inquired about one for kicks and got the line that it was in storage waiting to be shipped overseas.

TREASURER, Drum Brake Club.
toms68cst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 10:54 PM   #4
LockDoc
The Older Generation

-
When you see them be sure and "Flag" them and they will be removed. I think it takes more than one person to flag it before it is taken down though. On this ad there is a "Report abuse" link below the "Submit Offer" box.

LockDoc

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles

(My Dually Pickup Project Thread)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829820

-
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote