The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-25-2014, 10:13 AM   #26
Elliot949

Re: Where are the steppers with white tops? Do they exist?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamjet View Post
I notice some guys paint the A piller( I guess thats what its called) and the doors window surrounds same as the roof, I think it looks very nice when they're not in your instance. THAT LOOKS SHARP!
Painting the A pillar I don't believe is correct for a 67 but may be... I like just the look of it on the roof...
Elliot949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 10:36 AM   #27
slowcpe

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19GM71 View Post
I wouldn't mind seeing more of the pics you if you don't mind. I love looking at what every one else has done. These trucks will never get old to look at.
That's the only one I have of that truck. I constantly save pics of red trucks for ideas. Would have more than likely found that pic on this site .

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamjet View Post
I notice some guys paint the A piller( I guess thats what its called) and the doors window surrounds same as the roof, I think it looks very nice when they're not in your instance. THAT LOOKS SHARP!
I like the roof painted both ways but personally prefer the roof and no pillars the best. Didn't realize until someone stated it was a '67 only thing. Makes sense since I'm in love with '67s
1967/71 Blue SWB C10..SOLD
1977 SWB K10..my grandpa's.....never should have sold
slowcpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 11:49 AM   #28
lavisw

my 68 stepper
Name:  photo (1).jpg
Views: 175
Size:  42.9 KB
lavisw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 12:45 PM   #29
67ctener

67s that came with white roofs were roofs only no a pillars or tops of doors. 68-72 had white roofs, a pillars and tops of doors.
67ctener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 01:50 PM   #30
Elliot949

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67ctener View Post
67s that came with white roofs were roofs only no a pillars or tops of doors. 68-72 had white roofs, a pillars and tops of doors.
I am taking my 67 from a solid white Truck to a two tone Baby Blue with the white top and rockers... What I need are reference pictures of how the Roof paint line breaks... my memory says the drip rail is the main body color and not the top color... If that is wrong then I need to know how the paint line breaks under the drip rail...
Elliot949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 04:23 PM   #31
Malamute

19GM71, do you have a write up on the vent window delete? I pulled mine out today to replace all of the window felt and I really like the look with it out. I wanted to know what was truly involved with this and if I was up to the task.
Malamute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 01:46 AM   #32
19GM71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malamute View Post
19GM71, do you have a write up on the vent window delete? I pulled mine out today to replace all of the window felt and I really like the look with it out. I wanted to know what was truly involved with this and if I was up to the task.
I don't have a write up, but I can try and explain it. I bought a one piece window kit from brothers truck parts. This is the only kit that I can comment on, because its the only one that I have any experience with. I am sure there are many others, but this is how I went, and I have no regrets. They have pretty good instructions, with pictures. It instructs you to remove the doors, because of needing to drill a hole in the forward door jam. I did not remove the doors to do this. I used a 90 deg. drill motor.

A few things that I remember were:

1. Lots of tape, trying not to damage the paint.
2. I used a 90 deg. drill to drill the hole in the front door jam, (It is not possible to drill this particular hole with a standard drill motor, unless you remove the door.
3. You will have to cut up your existing tracks as well as disassemble your wing glass assembly, because all of these parts are modified and then reassembled with some new brackets that come in the kit.

You will need a way to cut the metal parts, chop saw, cut off wheel, probably could use a hack saw, and then a grinder or some sort of deburring tool, and of course a drill, and the 90 deg. drill unless you remove the doors.

The windows work pretty good up and down, they would be better, but I didn't replace my worn regulators like I should have. I will eventually.

I do get some water going around the window seals when washing and spraying the window area, but quite honestly, they are very quiet going down the road with the windows up.

Let me give a Warning! I can not roll my windows up or down while traveling at highway speed (say 50 and up) because the windows can suck out, or be pulled out towards the outside because of the wind flow. The tracks are just not capable of holding the windows in a mid way down position like a modern vehicle can. I only run them all the way up or all the way down while flying down the highway.

With all that said, I still like the look over the wing windows and am overall satisfied with doing this mod.

I hope this helps your decision. I would be happy to answer any more question you may have.
19GM71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 11:14 AM   #33
Malamute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19GM71 View Post
I don't have a write up, but I can try and explain it. I bought a one piece window kit from brothers truck parts. This is the only kit that I can comment on, because its the only one that I have any experience with. I am sure there are many others, but this is how I went, and I have no regrets. They have pretty good instructions, with pictures. It instructs you to remove the doors, because of needing to drill a hole in the forward door jam. I did not remove the doors to do this. I used a 90 deg. drill motor.

A few things that I remember were:

1. Lots of tape, trying not to damage the paint.
2. I used a 90 deg. drill to drill the hole in the front door jam, (It is not possible to drill this particular hole with a standard drill motor, unless you remove the door.
3. You will have to cut up your existing tracks as well as disassemble your wing glass assembly, because all of these parts are modified and then reassembled with some new brackets that come in the kit.

You will need a way to cut the metal parts, chop saw, cut off wheel, probably could use a hack saw, and then a grinder or some sort of deburring tool, and of course a drill, and the 90 deg. drill unless you remove the doors.

The windows work pretty good up and down, they would be better, but I didn't replace my worn regulators like I should have. I will eventually.

I do get some water going around the window seals when washing and spraying the window area, but quite honestly, they are very quiet going down the road with the windows up.

Let me give a Warning! I can not roll my windows up or down while traveling at highway speed (say 50 and up) because the windows can suck out, or be pulled out towards the outside because of the wind flow. The tracks are just not capable of holding the windows in a mid way down position like a modern vehicle can. I only run them all the way up or all the way down while flying down the highway.

With all that said, I still like the look over the wing windows and am overall satisfied with doing this mod.

I hope this helps your decision. I would be happy to answer any more question you may have.
Thanks. I did some research yesterday and while I like the look better without, I'm just going to complete the felt replacement and put 'em back in. I appreciate the feedback though.
Malamute is offline   Reply With Quote