The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-13-2014, 07:20 PM   #26
markiemark

Re: Virginia Member-Finally pics to post

Cool those were the sizes I was looking at. Only I think I have 4.5" on the front and ,5" out back. I have to check that. Thanks
markiemark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 09:08 PM   #27
Famous Tater

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70 shorty View Post
That is a sweet looking truck. I'm not much on the bagged, 22" wheels scene, but I defnitely can appreciate a nice truck! My personal taste is more of a 4/6 drop with stock rallys. Oh, and BTW, welcome from Mechanicsville!
Hey Shorty...I am from Mechanicsville too! I recently sold my house in M-Ville and moved to C-Field to move into my Fiancee's house. Got rid of the bigger house with the bigger payment! Good to hear from you. Maybe this summer I will cruise over to Brunettis one Saturday night.
Famous Tater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 09:11 PM   #28
Famous Tater

Quote:
Originally Posted by markiemark View Post
Cool those were the sizes I was looking at. Only I think I have 4.5" on the front and ,5" out back. I have to check that. Thanks
Cool. I hope they work out for you! I was a little worried about the 6.25 b.s in the front but they fit great and I will be able to drop the front down over them with no problem. The backs are 22x10's and with the 285/35 I have about exactly one inch of space between the inner rear fender and the back of the tire. Be sure to post some pics once they are bolted on!
Old 02-13-2014, 09:45 PM   #29
70cst

Hey Famous Tater ...

to the forums and from Ohio.

That is one ride

67-72 Chevy and GMC Trucks...The Classic Truck for the Classic Folk.

1970 CST Two tone green, 402BB, 400 Automatic, Tach, Buckets, AC, AM-FM, Tilt, GM CB, GM 8 Tract, LWB, etc

JOHN 17:3...The better side of "LIFE"

Remember: Everyday is a good day...Some are just gooder!
70cst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 09:49 PM   #30
BMERDOC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Famous Tater View Post
Hey Shorty...I am from Mechanicsville too! I recently sold my house in M-Ville and moved to C-Field to move into my Fiancee's house. Got rid of the bigger house with the bigger payment! Good to hear from you. Maybe this summer I will cruise over to Brunettis one Saturday night.
I take mine over to Brunettis too. I haven't taken it anywhere in the South Side yet. I scoped out several cruise spots down there with no success so I never found a place worth taking a three speed/six cyl/4:11 truck. I did go to the Sports Park on Rt10 but took my DD. Funny what a job it is to take an old truck across town.
2WD C10 Modern/Performance Alignments
Easiest Alignment Ever!
BMERDOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 02:31 PM   #31
Famous Tater

LOL, thanks 70 CST...cool message.

BMRDOC...Maybe I will see you at Brunettis some time? I haven't really gone since moving to C-Field. My parents live just down the street from there and my dad sometimes takes his cars up there. I know what you mean about just driving across town. My truck with the 3.73's feels like it's taching about 6k when doing 65-70 on Rt. 288. The last time I drove to the west end I took all regular roads instead of the highway. Took longer but was cool to just cruise. I want to change out the rear to make it more highway friendly. Was considering 3.08's or something like that.
Old 02-14-2014, 02:35 PM   #32
CC69Rat

What trans is in it now? 700R4 is the ticket. Nice highway RPM and still keep the punch like a 3.73+ gear.

1967 C10 SWB - Project Savannah - 6.0/4L80 *Currently underway*
1968 C10 SWB - TOTY 2018, 50th Anniversary Tribute Project * Sold * Pride and Joy
1986 Silverado Short Fleet - Scarlet *Sold*
1985 Silverado Short Fleet *Sold*
2022 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
2001 Jeep Cherokee XJ 4x4 - Lifted, Built
1992 Jeep Cherokee XJ 4x4 - Lifted
2013 Honda Accord EX-L v6 Coupe 6spd (wife's ride)
CC69Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 02:41 PM   #33
Famous Tater

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC69Rat View Post
What trans is in it now? 700R4 is the ticket. Nice highway RPM and still keep the punch like a 3.73+ gear.
Hey buddy...currently a turbo 350. Yeah, I have looked at doing exactly that. Keeping the gears and swapping trans. 700R4 isn't so cheap so wasn't sure the route I wanted to take? I can change the carrier in the rear for about $300-350. I was worried about having to change the driveshaft, the crossmember and anything else if I swapped the trans??
Old 02-14-2014, 02:46 PM   #34
markiemark

Quote:
Cool. I hope they work out for you! I was a little worried about the 6.25 b.s in the front but they fit great and I will be able to drop the front down over them with no problem. The backs are 22x10's and with the 285/35 I have about exactly one inch of space between the inner rear fender and the back of the tire. Be sure to post some pics once they are bolted on!
I will definitely post up pictures. Just waiting for all this snow to melt and then I well be able to get them mounted up. Stay tuned!!!
markiemark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 02:49 PM   #35
Famous Tater

Quote:
Originally Posted by markiemark View Post
I will definitely post up pictures. Just waiting for all this snow to melt and then I well be able to get them mounted up. Stay tuned!!!
Old 02-14-2014, 02:52 PM   #36
CC69Rat

Quote:
Hey buddy...currently a turbo 350. Yeah, I have looked at doing exactly that. Keeping the gears and swapping trans. 700R4 isn't so cheap so wasn't sure the route I wanted to take? I can change the carrier in the rear for about $300-350. I was worried about having to change the driveshaft, the crossmember and anything else if I swapped the trans??
yeah, Xmember and driveshaft length. Re-gear will be cheaper, I agree but you'll lose the low end 'out of the hole' power you're feeling now with the 3.73. Re-gear IMO = one or the other. 700R4 swap you get your cake and eat it too.

1967 C10 SWB - Project Savannah - 6.0/4L80 *Currently underway*
1968 C10 SWB - TOTY 2018, 50th Anniversary Tribute Project * Sold * Pride and Joy
1986 Silverado Short Fleet - Scarlet *Sold*
1985 Silverado Short Fleet *Sold*
2022 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
2001 Jeep Cherokee XJ 4x4 - Lifted, Built
1992 Jeep Cherokee XJ 4x4 - Lifted
2013 Honda Accord EX-L v6 Coupe 6spd (wife's ride)
CC69Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 03:03 PM   #37
Famous Tater

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC69Rat View Post
yeah, Xmember and driveshaft length. Re-gear will be cheaper, I agree but you'll lose the low end 'out of the hole' power you're feeling now with the 3.73. Re-gear IMO = one or the other. 700R4 swap you get your cake and eat it too.
At this point, I rather be able to get in and drive where ever I want vs. having power out-of-the-hole...even though that IS nice to have! I think of this ride as my cruiser-weekend show truck more than I do a Hot Rod. I've had my Hot Rod's in the past so it doesn't bother me too much. I say that until the day I am out and some dude pulls up beside me wanting to prove how bad his camaro or mustang is...then I may have a different opinion! LOL.
Old 02-14-2014, 04:04 PM   #38
Gehringfamily@shaw.c

qwerwqwerwq
Gehringfamily@shaw.c is offline   Reply With Quote