The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-18-2014, 07:11 PM   #1
Kudzupatch

Re: Lowered Suburban issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by N2TRUX View Post
Thanks for the follow up. Now post some current pics.
You would think a Photographer would get photos of his ride quicker than this wouldn't you? It was warm today so I got a chance to wash it and clean it inside.

Smaller front tires not only solved all the clearance issues I think they look much better. They are more in proportion with the fender wells. The old ones looked like they stuffed in there to me.

I have added the cold air and electric fans are next. Still looking for a set of valve covers I like. I lean toward the old school look and haven't found anything that appeals to me yet.

I would like to add headers and a new exhaust. But these are fine so that will probably wait till it needs them. Besides my shop is full with another project right now. So there isn't any space.

I HATED the factor wheel! That was one of the first things on my list to change. I looked at most everything on the market I think. Most of the new stuff doesn't suit a Suburban to me. Again. being kind of old school when I saw this repo, Camaro wheel I had to have it. It is slightly small diameter but the dish is perfect match. I love the way it looks. Nice and clean.

I put all new speakers and replaced the factory radio. Now I am wishing I had gone ahead and got a head unit with Blue Tooth. I travel in this vehicle and hands free phone and wireless music streaming from my phone would be so nice!

So I will probably replace this one soon and install a mic for the phone. Anyone done this? I am looking at putting it in dash or in the overhead console. I want to it built in and not just stuck on the dash somewhere. Till I get it in hand I don't really know what my options are.
Kudzupatch is offline   Reply With Quote