The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-24-2014, 11:53 PM   #26
jogard101

Re: Front Bucket Seats from Procar

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatsFanWilly View Post
I purchased these seats from amazon for 242.00 a piece. Pretty reasonable considering how much It costs to get stuff reupholstered. You also have to purchase seat adapters but im pretty sure if you have some scrap metal and a little talent you could make your own. All the parts have come in so I will be putting the seats in this coming weekend.

Here is a link to amazon with the seats.
http://www.amazon.com/ProCar-Scat-80...eywords=procar
I ended up ordering a pair a couple days ago. Got the last pair on amazon listed for $242, thanks for sharing. The truck doesn't run yet, but it'll have some sweet seats!
jogard101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 12:09 AM   #27
jogard101

I ordered a pair of these seats and one bracket(thinking I would make my own from the same dimensions). Should have them here next week

I didn't realize that the new seat adapters do not utilize the factory brackets.
It looks like the entire passenger seat(with bracket) no longer tips forward. I'm guessing these new seats tilt forward on their own, likely with a forward slide.
So how accessible is the rear seat, now that you have a bolted down bracket?
jogard101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 04:04 PM   #28
PatsFanWilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by jogard101 View Post
I ordered a pair of these seats and one bracket(thinking I would make my own from the same dimensions). Should have them here next week

I didn't realize that the new seat adapters do not utilize the factory brackets.
It looks like the entire passenger seat(with bracket) no longer tips forward. I'm guessing these new seats tilt forward on their own, likely with a forward slide.
So how accessible is the rear seat, now that you have a bolted down bracket?
Yeah the seats do not tip forward, but slide front enough for the back to be accessable. If you had the ability to make your own bracket I would absolutely try to make the stock ones work. After driving around in the blazer the last couple of days the height at which I sit at is getting pretty uncomfortable. I need to take a couple inches off the Procar adapters. Then again I am 6 foot tall and am all torso. Let me know what you decide when you get everything.
Old 02-25-2014, 04:06 PM   #29
PatsFanWilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcj67chevy View Post
Jimmy is coming along slowly but surely. Should have back from painter in a couple weeks. Then the fun part of reassembly. Can't wait. I text you some pics when it's done.
Thanks
That's cool, have fun with assembly. Cant wait to see pics.