The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-26-2014, 04:42 AM   #1
KS20934

Hi there and greets from the Dutch flatlands!

I very recently got myself into an old chevy truck My brother had a 30y old 2wd stepside v8 for a while which I loved it to bits and I learned to drive in an '85 6,2 diesel Army Blazer, but I was still into old Mercedes diesels since I had to drive serious distances. Up until I had put enough money aside to get myself a 'fun' working vehicle. I had already had an old firefighting van and an option came up to get a farely unique 40y old Swiss firefighter Chevy 4x4 located in France, I just had to buy it

It's a KS20934, originaly form '71 though the licence says '73, only 38.XXX km on it! It has been originally rebuild directly after the factory with a solid "hoodcover" hosting an extra seating row and a large storage at the back for pressure bottles and a big water pump (which is gone). It had been in a French farmyard for a couple of years, the previous owner bought it directly from the fire dept. but didn't drive it too much before it broke down (clutch), he had to sell because of money issues.
Since I come from a farm with forests around and I'm into forestry the 4x4 manual is great for me, looking to use it for personal transport, haulages of firewood and to get my bands around (band van :P).
Since I got it I put some 2000 dollars in it, new clutch, tires, electrics, seatbelts (there were none :P), filters, plugs and some small jobs. It runs GREAT, love the power and the sound (I'm new to petrol ).
I'm looking to keep it fire dept. original, needs some rust busting on the plate work and some restoration of decals, chassis is rock solid. I'm looking to put in a gas (lpg) system since the fuel prices overhere are crazy and the fuelconsumption of this 2500kg truck is not very friendly (especially not for a student :P), the cost of installing etc will be outdone in only 6k km's.
Sadly I don't have any proper pictures yet but will upload some in the next week I bet you haven't ever seen this model!

The reason I registered with your forum is to get in touch with fellow enthusiasts and for some technical details/repair suggestions here and there

Cya!

Last edited by KS20934; 02-26-2014 at 05:05 AM.
KS20934 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 05:07 AM   #2
Van1lla Gorill4

Re: New member

I love to see GM trucks from other countries. Waiting for pictures!
Van1lla Gorill4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 06:56 AM   #3
70LonghornCST

Re: New member

Hello and welcome to the site! I can't wait for pics either.
1970 Chevy Longhorn
  • Bucket Seats
  • Shoulder Belts
  • Front Tow Hooks
  • Factory Air
  • Factory Speedwarning, Tach & Vaccum
  • Factory Tilt
  • CST Package
  • AM/FM Radio
  • Bumper Guards
Richard

70 Longhorn CST Build