The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > Heavy Haulers

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-26-2014, 11:28 PM   #1
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

parts sources and tire question

Does anyone have any parts sources for these trucks?
My local NAPA has a lot of truck parts but one thing im going to need they don't carry is the drivers seat piston
also for one of these, whats a good tire for a good ride... the old conventional tires on mine are like driving on bricks and its got a wicked death wobble on bumps

1951 International running on a squarebody chassis

"If a man's worth is judged by the people he associates himself with, then i am the richest man in the world knowing some of the fine people of this board"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...t.php?f=25&a=9 (you can review the site rules here!)

PM Me for your vehicle/parts hauling needs in the North East US or see my Facebook page Robert Olson Transport

Live each day to the fullest.. you never know when fate is going to pull the rug out from under you...
I hate cancer!!
old Rusty C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 01:31 AM   #2
mrolds88

Re: parts sources and tire question

It has an air ride seat in it? Hmm. As far as the death wobbles, it sounds like there's something loose up front. I would check with the local big truck parts houses about that piston for the seat.
87 K10 Suburban Sold
93 K2500 xcab 6.5TD
96 GMC K2500 Suburban 6.5 TD
mrolds88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 03:55 PM   #3
junkmandan3

Send a picture of the seat with the shock absorber, most likely a Bostrum either air or torsion bar . I'll identify and perhaps give a part # .
junkmandan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 09:12 PM   #4
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

Its a Viking bostrom t bar seat serial number2205474 Ive been on the phone with Bostrom they don't make them anymore and parts are really scarce I actually got the service manual for the seat from there the parts are non existant lol gotta find a new seat or seat base

"If a man's worth is judged by the people he associates himself with, then i am the richest man in the world knowing some of the fine people of this board"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...t.php?f=25&a=9 (you can review the site rules here!)

PM Me for your vehicle/parts hauling needs in the North East US or see my Facebook page Robert Olson Transport

Live each day to the fullest.. you never know when fate is going to pull the rug out from under you...
I hate cancer!!
Old 02-28-2014, 12:50 PM   #5
junkmandan3

Don't give up yet ! Call your International dealer, Freightliner, Ford , Mack/Volvo dealers, they should have a crossover number from Bostrum to their brand and it should be available somewhere in the USA.
Old 02-28-2014, 09:21 PM   #6
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

broke down and bought a new seat today no one had parts... any ideas where to find a fuel sender unit for a Briskin Mfg 50 gal fuel tank? it seems nothing comes easy on this freakin truck

I hate cancer!!
Old 02-28-2014, 11:47 PM   #7
junkmandan3

Fuel tank senders are available through Stewart Warner, the same people that traditionally supplied the 2 1/8" common guages in big trucks . There are 2 different ohm reading styles available. For example with a full tank, one style will have 0 ohms, the other style will have maximum ohms . I forget which way my pickup ohm reading scale goes.
Old 03-01-2014, 09:28 AM   #8
mrolds88

If its standard GM should be 0-90.
87 K10 Suburban Sold
93 K2500 xcab 6.5TD
96 GMC K2500 Suburban 6.5 TD
mrolds88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 09:37 AM   #9
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

0 ohms when empty and 90 when full?

I hate cancer!!