The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-14-2014, 08:06 PM   #1
Scottcoda

Time to help me..Help the 6 :)

What I am looking for is what little things might I need to make this build up a little easier or maybe a part I might need or have overlooked.. Thanks for the help and read on

Heres is where I am at on my 68 250CI..
I found a set of brand new Hedman headers shipped to the house for $160 bucks then another $100 for the ceramic coating.. Not a bad deal I think..

Got a unused remanufactured Holly 0-8007 390cfm for $300.00

Been poking around ebay looking for a used Clifford intake but I am getting frustrated waiting for the right one to pop up.. Going order a new one if I dont find one by Monday.

I have a Offenhauser valve cover being shipped to my brother so he can put in my PCV hole (He has machine shop) Also sending him my trucks thermostat housing so that he can drill and tap the closed off end of the housing to make heating my clifford easy. He is also making me a 3/8 aluminum spacer so the housing will not interfer with the valve cover.

So with in the next week or so I should be ready to put everything together.. Is there anything I am gonna need to make this happen?? any linkage or spring returns, small misc parts etc etc I will need for the carb?? or any other part of this build??.. Thanks guys for your time and any advice you can throw my way..
Old 03-15-2014, 01:19 AM   #2
LockDoc
The Older Generation

Re: Time to help me..Help the 6 :)

-
I've never built an inline even though I have 2 - 250's and 2 - 292's, so I'm not much help.

Type "6 cylinder builds" into the GOOGLE search box at the top of this page. Click on the circle in front of "67-72chevytrucks.com" and click on the GOOGLE button. Just make sure the thread you are looking at refers to your style of engine. (Hits will include all years)

LockDoc

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles

(My Dually Pickup Project Thread)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829820

-
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote