The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-19-2014, 08:37 PM   #1
low&slow
Account Suspended

Local Auction...I saved one so far.

Got a local auction I posted about a few days ago or so. This is so far the first truck I have saved.

https://musickauction.hibid.com/lot/...om-20-0z138520

Bought this ol' jem for $95
low&slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 09:09 PM   #2
swamp rat

Re: Local Auction...I saved one so far.

Its awesome for someone who lives close by but for me I'd have to pay someone to ship, plus they would have to be willing to load a non running vehicle.. I wish i could go and have a look around.

Swamp Rat build thread :
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=595019

72 3/4T 4X4
4" BDS Lift
33" BFG's
swamp rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 09:16 PM   #3
ole dollor

looks like a good start, or parts truck .
ole dollor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 09:18 PM   #4
hugger6933

I'm happy for you. Auctions used to be fun for me but now they are a lot more like work, Oh yeah, because it is work now. I mean you have to work your tail off to make a dollar now the way these trucks [sorry not these but the late models] have gone up. It is not out of order to see a wrecked truck sell for now the same money I sold a truck with like miles or less done for 2 years ago! I just don't see any way to keep it up. I hate to even type it out cause it hurts so bad to think it. I have not worked for anyone but myself since 1987,and I don't know what else I could do. My body is so broken down from giving it my all for these years my back is junk I'm on pain management and even that is in its end stages
hugger6933 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 09:33 PM   #5
low&slow
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp rat View Post
Its awesome for someone who lives close by but for me I'd have to pay someone to ship, plus they would have to be willing to load a non running vehicle.. I wish i could go and have a look around.
It's pretty nice out their really. I see places like that as parts of history instead of junk or scrap iron. Although they do say they have shipping available. Just call them before bidding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ole dollor View Post
looks like a good start, or parts truck .
Mainly just a parts truck. I'll only be using the cab, rear wheel tubs, and some pieces of the chassis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugger6933 View Post
I'm happy for you. Auctions used to be fun for me but now they are a lot more like work, Oh yeah, because it is work now. I mean you have to work your tail off to make a dollar now the way these trucks [sorry not these but the late models] have gone up. It is not out of order to see a wrecked truck sell for now the same money I sold a truck with like miles or less done for 2 years ago! I just don't see any way to keep it up. I hate to even type it out cause it hurts so bad to think it. I have not worked for anyone but myself since 1987,and I don't know what else I could do. My body is so broken down from giving it my all for these years my back is junk I'm on pain management and even that is in its end stages
I hear what you are saying. $95 is still a lot of money for me.
low&slow is offline   Reply With Quote