The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-21-2014, 01:05 AM   #1
seanrolandwood

new here need a little help

First off let me start with letting everyone know this is not only my first chevy truck but I just got my licence back after 12yrs. and my likes have gone from mid sixty muscle cars to kustoms so alot of the stuff I'm tackling I'm doing for the 1st time so pardon me if I come around and ask painfully stupid questions that I probally could have gone through the forum and found my answers but just getting to this point has been streching my computer abilities so let me just say thank you in advance for your patience. O and I'm a bartender by trade and while I grew up helping my dad with various projects and my own it's all mostly been bolt on or direct replacement stuff so I dont have 20+ yrs welding experience or some areospace job so I need s@#t explained to me like I'm 5 if you know what I mean.so let me get into my project I picked up a 66 long bed fleetside it's not much to look at right now but I got plans....And when I figure out how upload some pictures we'll get to that but heres whats done as of now.... got a 1969 010 350 in it still stuck with the powerglide have a th350 to go in just need to find a tailshaft and measure for a one piece drive line figure might as well get it done at same time it has a 12 bolt rear can't identify gearing yet(maybe someone here could help with that) I'm staying six lug so its gonna be a drums all the way around and its got some odd lower contol arms on the front can't figure out if aftermarket or a previous owners home made contraption they are not only tubluar but also cupped and look like a rear spring from something in there when I figure pictures out or should I say when my old lady is here I'll post some pics of these I would love to figure out what's going on in there. And for whats to come heres just a little.....
Lowering.....no sh@t right
Hood change
Grille change
Dash change
Steering column
Steering wheel
New bench
Random body work here and there
Doors replaced
One piece drive line
And when all thats done we'll start talking color schemes and finishes
I know right now it sounds like the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow but I just may surprise you here there with somethings I have planned.......and as my dad always said theres 2 ways to do something correctly and again.....I'm hoping that with you all's help I can do it right the 1st time as i've been waiting quite awhile..I look forward to posting not only where I've made it so far but all my future projects with this truck here
seanrolandwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 08:48 AM   #2
donthekawguy

Re: new here need a little help

Make sure you post pics. We love pics! On the front sounds like it might have had an air bag set up and someone put springs in it and kept the airbags.