The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-24-2014, 01:49 AM   #1
Matt21lutz

Accuair E-Level System, few questions

Got a question about the accuair leveling system! I know that I will be running 6 bags on the truck but is it possible to tie in the extra two bags somehow? Not really sure if I can but I like the idea of the leveling system but I'm not really sure. any suggestions?

Also Instead of running a single vu4 by accuair, thought I would run either two or three of there vu2 manifolds so that the front and rear have separate dumps and intakes.

One last thing, could i run 1/2" stainless likes to and from the system and adapt down to the 3/8" or should I use separate valves completely?

E-level with touchpad

VU2 2-CORNER SOLENOID VALVE UNIT
Old 03-24-2014, 02:12 AM   #2
andrewmp6

Re: Accuair E-Level System, few questions

You only have 4 wheels whats the other 2 bags for?
andrewmp6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 02:17 AM   #3
Matt21lutz

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewmp6 View Post
You only have 4 wheels whats the other 2 bags for?
for backups as well as for major hauling, I'll be having a 5th wheel hauling all kinds of trailers. heavy loads and such.
Old 03-24-2014, 02:20 AM   #4
Pro Performance

You have me curious also, as to what the other 2 bags are for or where they are placed in the suspension???
EDIT: Saw your answer.

I would tie the left 2 bags on the rear together as one, and the right 2 together as one. This way, the valve will work the same, seeing two rear bags, still operating as a 4 corner system in total. I do suggest looking into heavier duty bags with higher weight ratings, that can handle your particular load requirements.... going back to just 1 bag per corner on the rear.

As for the hard line, you can use the NPT version of the VU4, and hard line right into the 1/4" NPT ports.

http://www.azproperformance.com/Accu...fold-VU41.html
Pro Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 02:31 AM   #5
Matt21lutz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Performance View Post
You have me curious also, as to what the other 2 bags are for or where they are placed in the suspension???
EDIT: Saw your answer.

I would tie the left 2 bags on the rear together as one, and the right 2 together as one. This way, the valve will work the same, seeing two rear bags, still operating as a 4 corner system in total. I do suggest looking into heavier duty bags with higher weight ratings, that can handle your particular load requirements.... going back to just 1 bag per corner on the rear.

As for the hard line, you can use the NPT version of the VU4, and hard line right into the 1/4" NPT ports.

http://www.azproperformance.com/Accu...fold-VU41.html

I like the idea of heavier duty bags but at the same time it's also KIND OF about doing something off the wall totally different too. But I also like idea if I happen to blow a bag or two in the rear I have the backup. But again I like the way it's gonna look too hahaha

The only thing I don't like about the VU4 is that there is one inlet and one outlet for air. If i used 2 VU2 then i would have separate intake and exhaust for the front and back cause more than likely with loads the back will need be adjusted more than the front.

The problem I have with 1/4" line is not enough air flow fast filling. I could go with 3/8" i think and it'll be fine but still wont fill as fast as 1/2" would.
Old 03-24-2014, 02:35 AM   #6
andrewmp6

Most air bags have a load rating pretty high i see your truck frame breaking before blowing a bag out due to weight.If you tell me what bags your gonna run i can give you the load rating for them.And which rear kit are you going to use?
andrewmp6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 02:40 AM   #7
Pro Performance

The VU4 does have 2 inlets to feed the valve, and 2 exhaust to dump air from the valves. The ID of 3/8" line is 1/4", so using 3/8" hard line and going into a 1/4" NPT port, will not make much difference, in my opinion. This is when comparing 3/8" line going into the 3/8" PTC on a standard VU4 valve.

Definitely understand doing something different with the 6 bags, but would look at all options.
Pro Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 02:47 AM   #8
Matt21lutz

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewmp6 View Post
Most air bags have a load rating pretty high i see your truck frame breaking before blowing a bag out due to weight.If you tell me what bags your gonna run i can give you the load rating for them.And which rear kit are you going to use?
I'll be using the bags from ridetech, 26c double convulted with 3400lb rating each at 100psi, http://www.ridetech.com/store/air-sp...onvoluted.html. Which gives me about a 6k lb capacity if i used two, so double that, because the truck will have taken away from the full rating. I highly doubt my frame will break including that I'll be boxing in the entire frame with .25" mild steel. I wont be using any kit, building my own 4 link. all the pipe will be .25" as well as all the steel will be .25". the design is between two different things right now, I either have two bags on the outside of the frame (one on each side outside) and two on the inside (one on each side inside the frame). Or I have four bags mounted on the inside of the frame with a weld on style bracket to the axle that will also have the 4 link mounts made onto. something similar to what I have here, http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...63&postcount=9

Like i said im still laying everything in CAD just to see how everything will setup and work.
Old 03-24-2014, 02:54 AM   #9
Matt21lutz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Performance View Post
The VU4 does have 2 inlets to feed the valve, and 2 exhaust to dump air from the valves. The ID of 3/8" line is 1/4", so using 3/8" hard line and going into a 1/4" NPT port, will not make much difference, in my opinion. This is when comparing 3/8" line going into the 3/8" PTC on a standard VU4 valve.

Definitely understand doing something different with the 6 bags, but would look at all options.

Ohh okay, i was told that the vu4 only has one of each.. oops lol but I'm also not afrai of wiring either so I might end going with the asco 1/2" valves, it's just electrical wiring after all haha but no really I have a very good of understanding of electrical wiring whether it's small. so really I'm not afraid to buy an extra harness and make it work for different valves other then the VU4 OR VU2S.

i really have looked into quit a few options but the problem im finding is that i wont be doing a huge notch to the frame and all the larger capacity bags are always over 13 and 14" ride height. they are made for big rigs after all.