The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-26-2014, 05:29 PM   #1
HEADTURNINGC10

Which route to go as far as my build

I have a 69' c10, building a radical street truck with a large cam high compression, disc brakes front but no power brakes or steering. Looking for some advice on which route to go as far as tire sizes either 15 or 18s. I am looking at mickey thomspon sportsman s/r tires 29x15 back maybe 28x10, 28x8 or 26x8. Also one more thing i have a 85 frame lowered 4/6 i was told the front cross member will bolt straight up so i will have the disc setup instead of the stock drums. I havent looked to much at the frame itself but after talking to a couple groups they say it will work. If yall have anything to add or opinions this is my first build. I plan on embarring some mustangs. Oh last thing i plan keeping the stock rear suspension as far as design with the coil springs and trailing arms but i hope to add sway bars and additional suspension helpers.

New to this. 1969 c10 short bed stepside, 350/ turbo 350
-racetruck
HEADTURNINGC10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 09:09 PM   #2
hugger6933

Re: Which route to go as far as my build

Welcome to the site. Yes the cross member will bolt up with the drilling of one bolt hole on each side and when the cross member is in place it will show you where to drill. Or you can just unbolt everything off the 85 cross member and bolt up to the one already in the truck now. Now as far as the truck hooking up withe the trail arm rear suspension you could probably add some coilover shocks that are adjustable with a different shock mount out back and it would work real well. The truck as it is with the trailing arm suspension will hook up good in stock form even NASCAR still use a modded version still today but they call it a truck arm. Hot rods to hell offers a kit for cars that is very simply the same setup as the trucks to make a car hook.
hugger6933 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 09:16 PM   #3
HEADTURNINGC10

Re: Which route to go as far as my build

Hey thank you for the info, I will definitely look Into the hot rods to hell.
HEADTURNINGC10 is offline   Reply With Quote