The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-29-2014, 11:42 PM   #1
chisler

New wiper motor

Have any of you used this new style from www.newportwipers.com they have started selling them up our way for a little over two hundred bucks looks like a good product for our rides and they have the delay option..
chisler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 10:37 AM   #2
Steve Cole

Re: New wiper motor

I looked on their website but didn't see one for our trucks.
Steve Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 10:56 AM   #3
twouvakind

I may be a bit biased but $200+ for a wiper motor? Keep what you have and take a look at my signature!
twouvakind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 10:56 AM   #4
72 K20

Here's the link to the one for our trucks !!

http://www.newportwipers.com/product...7-72&make_id=2

After you select this motor it will take you to the options page where you can get an "intermittent" switch for an extra $66 .

I have one of TWOUVAKIND ' S kits,,, haven't got it put in yet but see no reason why it won't work great !

Last edited by 72 K20; 03-30-2014 at 11:02 AM.
72 K20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 11:24 AM   #5
chisler

Thank you for the replies...for some reason up here we get taken to the cleaners..the wiper motor in my old ride is getting tired and I went to the local auto store (Lordco)..and they sell a rebuild unit but want the old one in exchange..and their price is even more...235 plus tax...and a few days away as they have none in stock...down the road I would like to replace the wiper motor complete...and have the delay option...my wiper motor is running hot ..then it stops..cools down then runs again...guess you could say it has a delay...everything else is in good order linkage,wipers etc
chisler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 11:34 AM   #6
AirSpeed

I just replaced mine yesterday, $49 for a rebuilt one at O Riley's, mounted it up and man it's fast. I guess I'll see if it lasts. Funny, the one I pulled out had a sticker on it saying "it's normal for motor to smoke during the first hour or two after installation", my new one had no such sticker and didn't smoke fortunately. My old motor would park the blades about 3" high on the windshield, unfortunately so does my new one.
AirSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 11:37 AM   #7
LockDoc
The Older Generation

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirSpeed View Post
I just replaced mine yesterday, $49 for a rebuilt one at O Riley's, mounted it up and man it's fast. I guess I'll see if it lasts. Funny, the one I pulled out had a sticker on it saying "it's normal for motor to smoke during the first hour or two after installation", my new one had no such sticker and didn't smoke fortunately. My old motor would park the blades about 3" high on the windshield, unfortunately so does my new one.

Remove and re-adjust your blades.

LockDoc

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles

(My Dually Pickup Project Thread)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829820

-
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 05:31 PM   #8
AirSpeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockDoc View Post
Remove and re-adjust your blades.

LockDoc
Unfortunately it's not that easy, they are mounted correctly, if I put them in the park area at the extreme down position they would hit the cowl when they start up. I can't move them down at all. When I turn off the wipers they stop about 4" above were they should park, then I hit the switch for 1/2 a second to get them at the bottom. For some reason it seems either the motor mounts are clocked wrong or the switch built into the motor is not set up correctly.
Old 03-30-2014, 07:57 PM   #9
Tinsmith9

Put a new wiper motor in my 69 a few months back and it parks a few inches up also. I bump the switch and they park correctly. I'll deal with it.

Dan
Tinsmith9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 10:37 PM   #10
AirSpeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinsmith9 View Post
Put a new wiper motor in my 69 a few months back and it parks a few inches up also. I bump the switch and they park correctly. I'll deal with it.

Dan
I read on here somewhere that there is an adjustable switch in the motor, I looked at mine and couldn't find this mysterious switch. I was also told the linkage under the cowl can wear out and cause this issue but mine is solid, no play anywhere. I'm becoming less anal over years about having wipers park high but it still bugs me. What bugs me worse right now is I've been driving around for weeks in the rain without properly functioning wipers to find time to put the new motor in and as soon as I got it in it stopped raining!