The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > The 1973 - 1991 Blazers, Jimmys, and Suburbans Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-08-2011, 03:05 PM   #1
TheManInBlack

Amazing Blazer Chalet for sale in South Dakota

Wow, I just had to post this. I think these Blazers are so cool, seems really odd to see one turn up around here.

http://www.frankmanmotors.com/show.aspx?vid=1863845
TheManInBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 12:47 PM   #2
Corts60
Just here to tinker

Re: Amazing Blazer Chalet for sale in South Dakota

Wow, that is beautiful! Thanks for posting!
Corts60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 12:41 AM   #3
77blazerchalet
former Chalet owner

Allegedly sold on eBay for $21,500 about midday yesterday: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=300618173288

Bit of a long story to it, I mentioned it last year in post #5 in this other thread, and then again in post #10 there. Four different sellers since it first came up for sale last July in a Minnesota Craigslist ad, and right before this current SD dealer got, the prior owner was a member of our Yahoo Chalet owners' forum. Never did say how much he paid for it, but my educated guess is that he paid the record high amount for a stock appearing one at around 10-11 grand.

We will have to see if this ends up being a legit sale on eBay. The eBay link in my post #10 for this one still works, and when the seller had his reserve at $12,500 he got zero bids, but this last one for it was his 4th listing and the opening amount was $1,977. If you look in the bid history for his yesterday, only one bidder took over after it hit 10 grand, which isn't a good sign.....
Former owner of Chalet #1747. Current caretaker of the very old BlazerChalet.com website.
77blazerchalet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 11:36 PM   #4
sleeper68

I'm not sure this is the same one you are thinking of. This was owned by a former member sodak68. He is from Spearfish SD but lives near me in Brookings SD now. I bought his 68 SB that is shown in his build thread. He also had the Blazer for sale and I should have made him an offer on both. He wanted 5k for it and Frankman showed up and gave him $4500 for it. All I can see that they did was paint the tailgate and put the rallye wheels on it and flip the white letters out. It was really that nice. He said it came from an old guy in Spearfish and his dad put a 700r4 in it. It had the pickup tailgate in a different color. I'm a little confused on the Chalet part though because there is an old photo of it with the regular roof and tailgate.
sleeper68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 02:59 AM   #5
77blazerchalet
former Chalet owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleeper68 View Post
I'm not sure this is the same one you are thinking of. ......... I'm a little confused on the Chalet part though because there is an old photo of it with the regular roof and tailgate.
Probably you are thinking the link in the #1 post is unchanged, but what is happening is that the old link from 2011 just leads by coincidence to their current inventory which happens to have a regular blue & white Blazer. Even though the Chalet #1385 is long gone to a not-too-bright ebay buyer, Frankman's ad still functions elsewhere, as in this example.
Former owner of Chalet #1747. Current caretaker of the very old BlazerChalet.com website.
Old 03-28-2014, 08:36 AM   #6
sleeper68

Gotcha! Yeah that is a nice looking Chalet! I texted the PO of the blue and white blazer and he was blown away with what they wanted. I've been around a number of auctions where Frankman was buying up old stuff and 10k plus seems to be the markup.
Old 04-01-2014, 01:00 PM   #7
kevinr1970

Maybe I am confused?
The ad that came up when I clicked on it seems to insinuate it was a Chalet (two-tone blue and white):
"Was a factory Blazer with slide in camper / pop up tent....very few made...even fewer remain today !! The camper was removed some time ago due to it's deteriorated condition"
http://www.frankmanmotors.com/Preown...-57108-2640461

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77blazerchalet View Post
Probably you are thinking the link in the #1 post is unchanged, but what is happening is that the old link from 2011 just leads by coincidence to their current inventory which happens to have a regular blue & white Blazer. Even though the Chalet #1385 is long gone to a not-too-bright ebay buyer, Frankman's ad still functions elsewhere, as in this example.
1991 GMC CrewCab Dually 4x4, just going to fix things up for now
1982/1989 K5/GMC Jimmy 2wd
1987 GMC 1/2 ton swb 2wd Crew (sold)
kevinr1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 01:52 PM   #8
sleeper68

Not sure what that slide in camper deal was but they show the pic of it as a regular Blazer here http://www.frankmanmotors.com/shared...&currentpage=8
Old 04-02-2014, 02:15 AM   #9
77blazerchalet
former Chalet owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinr1970 View Post
...ad that came up when I clicked on it seems to insinuate it was a Chalet (two-tone blue and white): "Was a factory Blazer with slide in camper / pop up tent....very few made...even fewer remain today !!"
I hadn't caught that part. However, the giveaways that it was not a Chalet are its owner's manual as a regular Blazer (Chalets had different ones), and the lack of the 16T5 option on the RPO tag for the "Chalet Camper Conver".

Could be a previous owner put on an aftermarket 4Wheel or Hallmark slide-in camper.