The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-10-2014, 12:41 AM   #1
shadowblaze92

Frame question

Hey guys sorry for the name of the thread but i honestly couldn't figure out a better title, anyways that aside i am fairly new to the forum so please don't be offended if you see me posting questions all the time lol. Long story short i have a 1967 chevy c10 stepside(short bed) that i recently inherited, as luck would have it i also happen to own a beater 81 c10 (also short bed) I was going to just take all the important parts from the 81 and just stick them on the 67 but the frame is really rusted and just down right rotten. So to cut to the chase i want to just do a simple swap and instead keep the 81 frame but just transfer the cab and the bed from the 67... the only problem is im not entirely sure that it will work, so just wanted to get a second opinion let me know what you guys think.
shadowblaze92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 07:22 AM   #2
hugger6933

Re: Frame question

Welcome to the forum to you from here in eastern part on Arkansas. Of course I can't speak for the many others on here but you just can't ask too many questions. how else can we learn if you don't ask someone who might know the answer. Now back to your truck, the short answer is no it [the frame] is way different all though the frame stuff like the front cross member and all the disc brake goodies will bolt up to the older frame the kick-up behind the cab is too great on the newer frame to work on the 67-72 truck cabs. While some have done this swap before with 4 wheel drive trucks it was done with the use of body lift kits made to compensate for the frame differences. Jim
hugger6933 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 11:43 PM   #3
shadowblaze92

well hey thanks for the welcome and definitely want to thank you for the advice! even if my half baked scheme might of worked i shutter to think about what the stance would look like... but at any case at least i know i can take the breaks and possibly saved a great deal of time thanks again!
shadowblaze92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 12:44 AM   #4
SS Tim

Once you put your cab and bed on a later frame it is no longer a 67. It would be far better to find another frame, even cut down a LWB frame and keep it in the family.
SS Tim is offline   Reply With Quote