The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-10-2014, 09:17 AM   #26
Wasted Income
Boosted Member

Re: Looking for a No Spin Sticker

Subscribed!
2014 VW Passat TDI - Daily Driver
Turbo diesel
2015 Sierra Denali HD Duramax Turbo diesel
2016 Ford Explorer Sport - Twin Turbskis
2017 Polaris RZR Turbo
2014 Nor-Tech Center Console - Twin Supercharged Outboards

TURBO ALL THE THINGS!!
Wasted Income is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 09:51 AM   #27
DeadheadNM
Carpe manana

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockDoc View Post
Hi Tim,

It wouldn't be that hard to change the 10 to a 20 on these. It would just take a little time. Thanks for your input.

LockDoc
I believe the model # KS-10 as shown is correct for 3/4t trucks with an H052(72) axle...

Members met: ORANGBLAZ, 2003 silverado, MikeCofield, BB72CHEVKT, Duncan&Son, Sameyrasmea72, THENEWMEXICAN, HotRod C/10, brianthelion02, Sport/Truck, ryanroo, michael bustamante, Dirt's72, Already Gone, WestButteTruck, 57taskforce, Moreyel, painterljp, AASmedic, SoCoC10, Lumaestas, carbuff382, Chevyland

Last edited by DeadheadNM; 04-10-2014 at 10:00 AM.
DeadheadNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 03:12 PM   #28
LockDoc
The Older Generation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadheadNM View Post
I believe the model # KS-10 as shown is correct for 3/4t trucks with an H052(72) axle...
Thanks that's good to know.

LockDoc

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles

(My Dually Pickup Project Thread)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829820

-
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 05:15 PM   #29
Elliot949

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadheadNM View Post
that is correct... It does apply the same in the "C" series as well as the "K" series...

The Sticker I displayed at the beginning of this thread is from my 67 C/20 Camper Special With the 4G86CA No Spin Axle...
Attached Images

Elliot949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 05:43 PM   #30
Tc71

I am part owner of a label company. We have a full graphic department, and label presses. There is not one label on any of these vehicles I can't reproduce. I've actually spoken with my attorney about copyright, trademark, etc. it appears I would be in the clear. I actually posted about this before. My biggest concern is stepping on the toes on any of the members here that may have a little cottage industry going on. I've actually done some labels for a member here. The label in question in this thread is a metallic silver vac foil. I carry it in stock. Those that want to know more, PM me.
Tc71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 06:15 PM   #31
Elliot949

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tc71 View Post
I am part owner of a label company. We have a full graphic department, and label presses. There is not one label on any of these vehicles I can't reproduce. I've actually spoken with my attorney about copyright, trademark, etc. it appears I would be in the clear. I actually posted about this before. My biggest concern is stepping on the toes on any of the members here that may have a little cottage industry going on. I've actually done some labels for a member here. The label in question in this thread is a metallic silver vac foil. I carry it in stock. Those that want to know more, PM me.
You call this a Metallic Silver but in my book it is a "chrome" not silver at all... are we talking the same thing?...
Old 04-10-2014, 06:46 PM   #32
Tc71

Yes sir. This is the same. From my raw paper supplier we refer as a metallic because I have to use a different tooled die to cut the shape. I don't know much but I know "sticky side down". My whole intent is to help folks on this forum as a show of gratitude for things I've learned here and the help I've received.
Tc71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 08:22 PM   #33
TBONE1964
Cluster King

Also,

Check with board member Tc71. His name is Terry. He did some work for me on my business logo and some other label work and did an excellent job. I would highly recommend him to any of you who want a high quality decal/stickers made up. Give him a chance to take care of you. You will not be disappointed.

If you need more information, let me know.

Take care,
Tom

I am also a dealer for Counterpart for gauge cluster parts only.

Also see my facebook page, CG&C
TBONE1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 08:55 PM   #34
Elliot949

I appreciate all the input but for now I will stick with Leon He is the guy that stepped right up to help me with this... I really do thank you and if anything comes up I will let you know Tc71 (Terry)...
Old 04-11-2014, 11:06 AM   #35
special-K
Special Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliot949 View Post
You call this a Metallic Silver but in my book it is a "chrome" not silver at all... are we talking the same thing?...
I think the "metallic" describes the material,not the color. We call it chrome,just like plastic interior parts. But,only metal objects can be chromed and other materials use other processes to accomplish the same effect. Not trying to split hairs,just saying we all say "chrome" whether it's chromium plated or not. We also call polished stainless and aluminum trim "chrome" when it's not. Both materials can also be chrome plated,though

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 10:18 PM   #36
LockDoc
The Older Generation

I received a reply from Dan on the NoSpin sticker today I appreciate his input on this and I will post his findings and my reply to him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliot949 View Post
Hey Leon... I got the sticker today... looks pretty good with a few exceptions for accuracy... The Red is actually a real bright "lip stick" red... The Box around the KS-10 needs to be appx 1/4" longer... Some of the letters need to be "stretched" out like where it Says "Detroit Automotive Products Group and Warning... the "traction Safety and Economy" needs to be about 1 font size larger... The differential and "for Greater" needs to slide about 1/16" to the left to accommodate the larger font of the "Traction Safety and Economy"... The Foil is actually bright "Chrome" ... I hope this helps.... The one you sent will work though and is certainly better than what I have... Thanks... Dan...
Thanks Dan.

I went to a swap meet all day today so I'm just getting on line.

That's the problem you run into without having a good original right in front of you to look at, and compare it to. To change those items I would have to start from scratch again. How about seeing what Tc71 (Terry) can do and what he would charge for them. Even if I get everything else correct I can't get the shiny foil media like that for an Ink Jet printer.

I will post your note and my reply from here, into the thread, if it is OK with you. Or you can go ahead and copy your PM and paste it into a post on there.... Let me know

I will PM Terry and see if he is interested in making a few up to see if they come out more like the originals. I wouldn't consider that to be stepping on my toes at all.

LockDoc

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles

(My Dually Pickup Project Thread)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829820

-

Last edited by LockDoc; 06-18-2014 at 10:51 PM.
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote